0   0   0
Quality construction.

sometimes you gamble and lose...

Funbags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont they have a life time warranty on all there tanks? One if mine went and they replaced it with there newest model since they didnt carry the tank that failed on me.

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are pic's I didn't want to see . March 2014 .Makes me speculate .I wonder if tank returns get sent back to the manufacturer as they should or just sent back out to another store that orders the same tank . I know that happened with some furniture I got . I sent it back and they tried to re deliver the same damaged furniture . I hope Marineland makes it right .

OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont they have a life time warranty on all there tanks? One if mine went and they replaced it with there newest model since they didnt carry the tank that failed on me.

updates ?

The tank will be returned this week, thanks to a quality/attentive vendor. Hopefully the replacement build quality is up to par?

On a happier note, extra led's will be ordered and arrive... deciding on the sump and ordering this week or next week.

OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Progress

Had a few hours to kill before work this afternoon.

-Upgraded the old 75gpd to 150gpd with new prefilters and fresh DI.

-With plenty of water, the rock is finally curing.

-4 blue/4 white leds are on there way, for 16 total to wrap the 400 radium.

-Returned the tank, the replacement should arrive next week.

OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Breaking down frags and staging for transfer.

OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holding pattern at this point. All of the equipment that I could think of for quarantine of fish and coral has been ordered. The sump has finally been ordered, waiting game!

serpent

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope your new tank is up to par too. I was in the process of setting my new 93 cube up and did a fresh water test yesterday, only to find that the front corner was only being held together by a sliver of silicone. Needless to say, I drained it quickly and have called about getting a replacement. Mine was manufactured in September 2014, so I hope the new stock is better than previous stock.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The tank will be returned this week, thanks to a quality/attentive vendor. Hopefully the replacement build quality is up to par?

On a happier note, extra led's will be ordered and arrive... deciding on the sump and ordering this week or next week.

This is insane, not another one. I would not count on the replacement being better. There was someone who got a second with the same problem.
I think it is time for them to admit they have a problem and do a recall..

serpent

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is insane, not another one. I would not count on the replacement being better. There was someone who got a second with the same problem.

That isn't what I wanted to hear :lalala:. I could probably deal with micro bubbles, but a full out separation is unacceptable.

I agree that they should recall these and fire all their assembly people!!!

OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I going to give them a second chance to make it right. I've done all I can to document and relay the issues, I asked the vendor if the wholesaler would do a visual inspection prior shipping (the flaws are glaringly evident without water testing). I have to say that I've owned a DD tank and my current rimless 60 and the assembly was superb... So we'll see, not getting my hopes up but having to go custom would really slow the build and hit the wallet hard.

OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope your new tank is up to par too. I was in the process of setting my new 93 cube up and did a fresh water test yesterday, only to find that the front corner was only being held together by a sliver of silicone. Needless to say, I drained it quickly and have called about getting a replacement. Mine was manufactured in September 2014, so I hope the new stock is better than previous stock.

Serpent,

Thanks for adding to the discussion, do you have a build thread? If not please keep us updated with how your issues are resolved.

serpent

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Serpent,

Thanks for adding to the discussion, do you have a build thread? If not please keep us updated with how your issues are resolved.

Just posted a new build thread. I don't share much as I don't have very much time with work and kids, but will keep that thread updated. Thanks for pushing me to do so. :D

OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just posted a new build thread. I don't share much as I don't have very much time with work and kids, but will keep that thread updated. Thanks for pushing me to do so. :D[/QUOTE

Looking forwarded to the updates!

OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick update.

On a positive note the new ZeroEdge sump has been shipped and should arrive Monday!

Negative, the second tank was delivered today, the lfs sent it back immediately after inspection.

At this point I'm looking at other options. So frustrated... I don't think its much to ask for a tank to hold water safely?

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick update.

On a positive note the new ZeroEdge sump has been shipped and should arrive Monday!

Negative, the second tank was delivered today, the lfs sent it back immediately after inspection.

At this point I'm looking at other options. So frustrated... I don't think its much to ask for a tank to hold water safely?

KUDOS TO YOUR LFS !!. Man this is taking a bit to get wet . It's amazing how something so simple as buying a tank has turned into a arduous journey. I am just drawing a blank with how these Marineland rimless tanks are coming out with these defects . Any idea what the manufacturer date was on the tank since the lfs inspected the tank . I am praying for a positive outcome out of this .

OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Bud!

The 2nd tank was manufactured Sept 2014, all of the current stock they have is from that shipment. That being said I tried contacting Marineland directly today but

they were closed for the holiday. I'll try the manufacturer directly to resolve the issue, the LFS has done all they can do with the wholesaler.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tbdh20

tbdh20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made trip to the lfs this morning to pick up the sand that was ordered. Ended up picking up a few frags, all were cut from mother colonies.

Top was a brilliant red milli though the frag was cut from the bottom. middle, I have no idea? Had a plating/branching pattern similar to a efflo but different coloration, we'll see. Bottom, another red planet frag that looks different from what I have, again we'll see.

Also spotted a used sump that would serve perfectly as a QT and later as a frag tank. Dims 24x18x13 currently soaking for clean up.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back