OP
OP
A

Av8Bluewater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the amount that is charged I feel like they should be healed not $40-$50 a frag here color comes in time as frag gets larger but would be nice if frags where allowed some time to encrust a bit
They held mine for a while. I think it ended up being a few weeks total for some weather.. Although I couldn't tell by the time I got them.
Anyway.. it will be up to you.. They'll let them heal for you.

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can see these are wild colonies and likely didn't have the same color when the frags were taken from the colonies. You'll notice you only ever see the one pic of the colonies or I guess there is the one that got re Photoshoped but likely not one of these looks the same today. And the crazy excuse that a frag lost color in shipping is just not something that happens in the amount of time it spends in the bag. The coral went from the Ocean to a holding facility to transshiper to a wholesaler to the retailer and held it's color but one night in a bag and it loses it. That is a hard pill to swallow. I too love some of the photos and wouldn't mind adding a few of them to my collection but I'd like to see them after being in someone's tank for a few months or possibly wait until people have some tank raised frags grown out. Maybe someone has do e updated photos or pics of these awesome acro frags?

Maxwell2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My TCK shipment comes in Wednesday so lets hope the frags maintained a little color. Anyone have any other issues with TCk frags? Pests, RTN, etc?

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forget the names but these two are coloring up more everyday.
The one on top is one of the two rainbow Millie's
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420489679.581884.jpg

Maxwell2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had those and how long did they take to regain color?

Do you find that they are representative of the mother colony?

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had them for about two months now. I would say the one on the bottom looked like the mother from day one the others I'm just starting to see it

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be real the only vendor I ever got frags from that look just like pics(most of you know who I'm speaking of already lol) is Adam at BC.

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of their stuff and overall I'm very happy I know corals lose color even if they come in colored I'm o.k. with that and every one of them is getting nicer and nicer and in fact a few of them will be the best corals in the tank even over JawDropper. Heck I'm still waiting for my Reef Raft Magma to grow and color two years later still the same as when I perchance it so it happens depending on the coral and the system they come out of and go into all systems and conditions are different if all these even come back to 80% of the picture in the first two years I'm pumped!!
I will buy more simple because they get nice stuff if you have the time to wait it out and watch em grow you will end up with a spectacular tank in a few years.
My Fireworks is hands down the best coral in my tank can't wait until it get's bigger!!

reefsponge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a lot of their stuff and overall I'm very happy I know corals lose color even if they come in colored I'm o.k. with that and every one of them is getting nicer and nicer and in fact a few of them will be the best corals in the tank even over JawDropper. Heck I'm still waiting for my Reef Raft Magma to grow and color two years later still the same as when I perchance it so it happens depending on the coral and the system they come out of and go into all systems and conditions are different if all these even come back to 80% of the picture in the first two years I'm pumped!!
I will buy more simple because they get nice stuff if you have the time to wait it out and watch em grow you will end up with a spectacular tank in a few years.
My Fireworks is hands down the best coral in my tank can't wait until it get's bigger!!

Do you have or can you get a pic of your fireworks acro? Are you talking about the ARC Fireworks acro? Thanks

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TCK Fireworks

Full 250W 20k radiums and 4t5 picture on an iPhone 6+ Does this coral no justice I can not wait for it to grow more the top down is awesome!
It's purplish with a good amount of blue starting up!
I took a tad of saturation off with the iPhone picture app to see the color better!

Quick top down

Last edited:

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it from Dan him self well most of them if not all I got from Dan I have a few even some I don't know the name. Well I guess we seen the same post I got most of those only one I was to slow on was that pink and green one I think it's the fusion

Last edited:

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes I would like to see updated pics of frags too. Where are all the guys who bought these frags. A little update on growth and color will be appreciated.

benzc01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive seen tkc at many local frag swaps in Syracuse, I'm from by utica and there out in Rochester I believe, like 3 hour drive, I've never been to there store but I can attest that they always have the nicest stuff at the swap. Colors and quality are always insane. I'm not saying pics are messed with or whatever I'm not a expert and don't care to be honest. All I'm saying is I would order from them cause I've seen there stuff first hand and it's nice, real nice

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if you guys are from new york are you gonna be setting up a table at Ct frag farmers market. Many vendors say it's the most profitable show they sell at. It's a insane day would like to see the coral kings there

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back