temp

evb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I'm super interested in pipefish. I want to make the jump and get a pair of blue stripes (not rushing just stating my ultimate goal). I haven't quite decided on a tank. I have a 12 gallon nanocube but still debating if that is adequate. So bare with me. The tank Will be set-up refugium style so I can get the pod growth I want. My biggest problem is the 12 gallon has a metal halide, I want to keep the tank around 74 I don't think I can do it with my current set-up. How do you guys keep your tanks cooler? Do you run a chiller? This is my one big hurdle haha. Please give me your opinions or experience.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I'm super interested in pipefish. I want to make the jump and get a pair of blue stripes (not rushing just stating my ultimate goal). I haven't quite decided on a tank. I have a 12 gallon nanocube but still debating if that is adequate. So bare with me. The tank Will be set-up refugium style so I can get the pod growth I want. My biggest problem is the 12 gallon has a metal halide, I want to keep the tank around 74 I don't think I can do it with my current set-up. How do you guys keep your tanks cooler? Do you run a chiller? This is my one big hurdle haha. Please give me your opinions or experience.

Chiller is one way to go to keep a cooler tank...you could also try a small fan. I run a fan on my tank and it keeps it 2-3 degrees cooler.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank with a halide over it will be tough to keep at that temp with out a chiller. The ambient temp will make a difference too. While you are cycling the tank see how stable you can keep the temps.

OP
OP
E

evb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm going to start over, I sold the nano with the halide. My basement stays at like 64-68 so if I run leds or maybe even power compacts, i wouldn't think the light will be my problem now. I was just wondering how some of you guys run your tanks.

JasonC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good plan,
Don't forget they do appreciate things on the cooler side.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back