Tenecor's $29* ReefPoint® 3 Gallon DIY Frag Kit Drops This Thursday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MeauxJeaux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Patches and replacements are already being shipped. It's not just emails for replacements. There are lots of custom orders. Lots of them. Our solution will reduce email volume. We don't have issues like laser burn through very often. Almost never actually. But that is not reason for slow email response. It's volume.
I'm just now getting mine dry fit. I had already cut a small piece of acrylic to patch the inside in case it leaked. Should I wait on this before trying to complete the sump?

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just now getting mine dry fit. I had already cut a small piece of acrylic to patch the inside in case it leaked. Should I wait on this before trying to complete the sump?
No need to wait. Build the sump first. Then apply the patch. The patch kit sent out is what you already are going to do. Solvent or silicone will work. Just be sure the surfaces are dry.

Lochekey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to attach the STL file as a zip file since I cannot post an STL file directly. If this gives anyone problems I can share the file differently.

This model has some minor mesh errors that I was honestly just too lazy to deal with but it prints just fine. I found that printing in the below orientation with the shown supports gave me the best final results.

nozzle print example.PNG

Attachments

• rfg nozzle and adapter (2).zip
    717.9 KB · Views: 29

Chewy954

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone using this frag tank yet? I'd love to see some setups with livestock and coral!

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is anyone using this frag tank yet? I'd love to see some setups with livestock and coral!
I'd love to try one maybe. I'm thinking of doing an add on to my tank, but lagoon style for my mushrooms. Currently it's mixed reef. While my acro and torches like it... mushrooms do poorly in my tank. I'm thinking it's combination of flow and light. So a lagoon plumbed into the tank with a prime 16hd (already on hand) is what I'm thinking.

MeauxJeaux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Didn't he say that there were 100 kits made? I was thinking there would be more folks showing their builds off. I waited until a couple people posted theirs before I even started. When I was a kid I'd build out a model car/airplane in a days time. Didn't even let the glue dry hardly. I'd go from box, to built, to fell apart in 48 hours. :winking-face-with-tongue: I'm trying to be a little more patient than I was back then but my money is still on it leaking like a sieve when I get done. lol

MeauxJeaux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Heck yeah, looks good to me. I started with the sump thinking that since it was black any mistakes I made wouldn't show so bad and id get some practice before attempting the frag tank. But it was hard to even see the solvent flowing on the black. These Dollar Tree cheaters i'm wearing didn't help much. lol

Chewy954

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received the patch kit.
The logo in the patch kit is littered with holes as well.

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received the patch kit.
The logo in the patch kit is littered with holes as well.
Really? What does the patch kit consist of? I was expecting just a solid acrylic piece to glue over the lettering

OctoReef12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? What does the patch kit consist of? I was expecting just a solid acrylic piece to glue over the lettering
There were two pieces in my patch kit. A solid black piece, and a clear "I ❤️ Tenecor" piece. I didn't see any writing or anything on the black piece.
20230224_191056.jpg

Bret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to wait. Build the sump first. Then apply the patch. The patch kit sent out is what you already are going to do. Solvent or silicone will work. Just be sure the surfaces are dry.
Did the patch kits go out to everyone? Mine clearly has holes in it and will need to be patched.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 16.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 52 44.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 39 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back