Teton mountain build thread Reefer 750XXL

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got my lid for the tank it came while i was away.

I thought the screen would be tighter it slightly loose in the center. It's the Tusnani from clear view lids.

db10f089afa55c04fddcc819934cacd6.jpg
e3b38f2923e6a3405e022c460b859e7b.jpg
Hi! I ordered one of these lids for my Red Sea Reefer 750...same one as you too through clear view....how long did it take to get yours? How do you like it?

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I ordered one of these lids for my Red Sea Reefer 750...same one as you too through clear view....how long did it take to get yours? How do you like it?

it took a while like 5 weeks or more. i did a large feeding door + cord holes & and auto feeder cutout so that take more time. so far I like it was a bit concerned it was loose, they offered to send it back and fix it but I was to ill to make that call. I think it's fine tho. (I hope) wish it was 2 pieces tho so you could do maintenance on one side and still have the cover on the other. if I would have thought about it I would have had them make it like that. it's still possible as it the module type...I think that may be an option??

U

User1

View Badges
it's one of the high alpine lakes in the the Tetons.

Thanks. I was looking around last night (probably should have been sleeping, right?) and I thought I found a similar area. In any case it is worth checking out so added it to my list to research :) What I found similar to the picture was Amphitheater lake - in any case their photo lead me to this so that is what I wrote down to visit :)

U

User1

View Badges
haha yes you are right! there are a few lake up in the Tetons worth a visit Delta, surprise, lake of the crags, just to name a few. I try to hit a few of em every summer. deff. worth the hike!

Thanks. I have not been hiking for a long time so when I saw the photos I was thinking it might make a weekend trip. I just have to see how friendly it is for a Fri - Mon trip. I'd need to bring my GSD with us though. This gave me a lot of reading for driving and what sort of shape one needs to be in to enjoy it. Thank you again for sharing the info.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
an update...
sorry its been a while but i got sick my coral QT crashed lost over 1K in corals :( was really bummed and was thinking of what direction I wanted to take this build in. then I blew out my back again so now I am setting here on pain meds and a TENS unit been one heck of a new year so far...so ready to get this tank up and running.

with that said I think I have a direction for the 750. going to change gears and do a butterfly, angle, wrasse and tang tank. so mostly a FOWL but will have a bunch of gorgs. I think this will be a fun way to go as it's not something you see every day and I have always wanted butterflies but so risky in mixed reefs.

still getting my stock list together but here is the ideas so far:

dwarf angels:
1x flame
1X coral beauty

Butterflies:
Pakistani
copper band
Auriga or double saddle
saddleback

wrasses:
Melanurus
McCosker’s
carpenter flasher
Red Coris Wrasse? ( not 100% sure on this one as it does get big might slip it in favor of other fish)
Yellow Coris
Red Margin Fairy Wrasse or other fairy.

Larger angels:
regal angel (got to find a small one and red sea ones do better from what I hear )
or
emperor ( kinda on the big side but would fit just dont want to to dominate the tank but as this not a 100% reef tank might as well keep some fish that I never could.)

Tangs:
Hippo
power blue
Kole
Yellow

royal gramma

mis. fish that I have
azual damselfish
cardinal

so this is just a 1st round of stocking ideas I am sure it will change but I am going to stock this more on the heavy side.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the sett backs. Glad your doing a little better. That is an impressive fish list
thanks,
yeah it's more on par with a fish only stock than a reef so more on the heavy side but with 2 ATS, UV, skimmer and fuge I should be able to keep up. I am sure that fish list will change they always to eh?

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm well after thinking bout the stocking more I think the emperor angel is out. it would make an amazing show fish and ceter of the tank but it does get pretty big. I do have a friend that might be will to take it in his 14' tank once he out grows the 750..or just wait till I get a bigger tank down the road to have one.

so the regal angel if am willing to drop the $$ for one and if I can find a small one or just skip larger angels all together and add a few more butterflies like the pearl scale & rafflesi or a trio of Anthias...

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I hate to say it guys and gals but nothing has happened with this build except a lot of thinking. as I only 'get' to have one aquarium in the house I have to make it what I really want. I really need 4 tanks

so I spend the last few days thinking about making it the Teton mustang ranch a 200 gal seahorse tank. something I have wanted to do for 4-5 years now. but the amount and % of volume of WC I would need to to weekly I would spend around $100-200/ month on salt.
sooo yeah that's not gonna happen. maybe some day tho.... but it was fun to think about and dream I mean if I really wanted to and was willing to spend the time $$ I could.

so now I am back to a butterfly dominate tank or a wrasse dom. tank. both sound so lovey. but I do need to decide and move forward.
hmmm corals and the expence of slowly restocking or the beautiful movement and color of butterflies...

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any pics? I think a butterfly or Wrasse dominated tank would be amazing! I do like some corals.... LPS and a few softies so butterflies were out for me. However a few Angels are in my plan though....I will just have forgive some nipping. LOL! I have my LFS on the lookout for a Red Sea Regal...that will be my show fish I think!

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any pics? I think a butterfly or Wrasse dominated tank would be amazing! I do like some corals.... LPS and a few softies so butterflies were out for me. However a few Angels are in my plan though....I will just have forgive some nipping. LOL! I have my LFS on the lookout for a Red Sea Regal...that will be my show fish I think!

pics of my empty tank? sure I can get one...haha I have yet to scape it. got real bummer when I lost my coral on the the 2oL coral QT was trying to qt everything wet...if I would have just did the tank swap I would have my corals lots of LPS my fav. my LR is just chilling in a 40br

what ever I do I will have lots of gorgs. there one of my fav. non LPS corals,

yes the red sea regal is on my list to even if I do a butter fly tank or wrasse tank it on the list. all tho I think they will eat LPS...

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pics of my empty tank? sure I can get one...haha I have yet to scape it. got real bummer when I lost my coral on the the 2oL coral QT was trying to qt everything wet...if I would have just did the tank swap I would have my corals lots of LPS my fav. my LR is just chilling in a 40br

what ever I do I will have lots of gorgs. there one of my fav. non LPS corals,

yes the red sea regal is on my list to even if I do a butter fly tank or wrasse tank it on the list. all tho I think they will eat LPS...
LOL! I guess no empty tank pics! You have the patience of a saint! I put that video on my build thread a few minutes ago btw! [emoji16]

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! I guess no empty tank pics! You have the patience of a saint! I put that video on my build thread a few minutes ago btw! [emoji16]

yeah I am thinking maybe to much patience...like us all I want my cake and eat it. I want corals butterfly fish all cheap haha

but after seeing your torches I am not sure I can live with out them. to bad there getting so dang expensive. I need 5-10 of em :D

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I am thinking maybe to much patience...like us all I want my cake and eat it. I want corals butterfly fish all cheap haha

but after seeing your torches I am not sure I can live with out them. to bad there getting so dang expensive. I need 5-10 of em :D
LOL! I know it....I have had those two for a long time! I was at the LFS last week and thought I might pick up another one.....but I had sticker shock! So I passed.... saving up for a Regal and a China Wrasse.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok guys time for a quick update not a big one but an update none the less.
I have decided on what direction to take this bad boy its was a real hard time deciding between a butterfly dominate tank =something different and get back to a mixed reef.

well I decided on a wrasse dominate system! lots and lots of wrasse no big tangs only 2 small ones. here is the 1st version of the fish list of course it will be modified no doubt but here it is:

fish I already have:
1x flame angle
1x H. melanurus
1x Kaudern's Cardinalfish
1x Azure damselfish (model citizen)

Halichoeres:

H. melanurus “Melanurus Wrasse”

H. iridis “Radiant Wrasse”

H. chrysus “yellow wrasse” X2

H. claudia “Christmas Wrasse”

Macropharyngodon:

M. bipartitus “Blue Star Leopard Wrasse”

M. ornatus “Ornate Leopard Wrasse”

Paracheilinus:

P. mccoskeri “McCosker’s Flasher”

P. cyaneus “Blue Flasher”: colorful male if I can find one
or
Paracheilinus carpenteri) Carpenter wrasse

Cirrhilabrus:

C. exquisitus “Exquisite Fairy” -male
C. lubbocki “tri colore fairy”- Male
OR C. cyanopleura ruby head fairy wrasse
C. pylei - male

other fish:
copperband butterfly
royal gramma
midas blennie
Kole tang
Yellow tang

maybe just maybe a hippo tang. we shall see about that I like the idea of a bunch of smaller fish VS a few larger ones.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok guys time for a quick update not a big one but an update none the less.
I have decided on what direction to take this bad boy its was a real hard time deciding between a butterfly dominate tank =something different and get back to a mixed reef.

well I decided on a wrasse dominate system! lots and lots of wrasse no big tangs only 2 small ones. here is the 1st version of the fish list of course it will be modified no doubt but here it is:

fish I already have:
1x flame angle
1x H. melanurus
1x Kaudern's Cardinalfish
1x Azure damselfish (model citizen)

Halichoeres:

H. melanurus “Melanurus Wrasse”

H. iridis “Radiant Wrasse”

H. chrysus “yellow wrasse” X2

H. claudia “Christmas Wrasse”

Macropharyngodon:

M. bipartitus “Blue Star Leopard Wrasse”

M. ornatus “Ornate Leopard Wrasse”

Paracheilinus:

P. mccoskeri “McCosker’s Flasher”

P. cyaneus “Blue Flasher”: colorful male if I can find one
or
Paracheilinus carpenteri) Carpenter wrasse

Cirrhilabrus:

C. exquisitus “Exquisite Fairy” -male
C. lubbocki “tri colore fairy”- Male
OR C. cyanopleura ruby head fairy wrasse
C. pylei - male

other fish:
copperband butterfly
royal gramma
midas blennie
Kole tang
Yellow tang

maybe just maybe a hippo tang. we shall see about that I like the idea of a bunch of smaller fish VS a few larger ones.
Sounds great!!!! I can't wait to see how this turns out! You will love all the Wrasses!

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 31 38.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back