Thank You for the SUPER CLAM GIVEAWAY !

Cuda

Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won the SUPER CLAM and more GIVEAWAY ! First I want to thank again Pro Corals - Corals for sale: Your premier destination to buy live coral frags and saltwater coral for doing this and sending me one of the nicest giant clams one could ever want!( more like 8" ) I thought I would have to at least pay for shipping but nope , Sonny took care of it all!

I recieved it yesturday but Fed Ex struck again. The package was abused and they never delivered it. It was very late. It was stuck at a Fed Ex facility 45 minutes from my house. I went and retrieved it to find a wet box. When I opened it up it was a mess. The bag containing the clam was broke open. Sad to say I recieved a huge dead clam. It has been a honor to win this drawing and I am thankful for Sonny doing this. It was a one of a kind and I really wish it did not turn out this way. I don't expect anything from Sonny and wish Pro Corals the best. Its just one of those things that happens. Pro Corals kept their end and sent me the winning package and I'm thankfull for great Sponsers and a Great site! Thank You R2R!!
John
002-1.jpg

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow i am heartbroken for you and Pro Corals. I hope Pro Corals can recoup some money due to FedEx's negligence. So Sad!!

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, whats up with shipping companies lately? Another guy in my club and I had a box coming Southwest cargo, and they lost it. It was supposed to be here Thursday and they still can't find it.

Contents?

2 x female Rhomboid Wrasse, 1 x female Flame Wrasse, 1 x McCoskers Flasher, 1 x Pair of Midnight Clowns, and 2 x Two Bar Gobies.

Wasn't the best box to lose :(

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awful! :( I notice the box is intact... any ideas why the clam bag was not?

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, for anyone shipping corals/fish I would recommend not using the packing peanuts that are made out of cornstarch... they disolve when they get wet, and can leave your livestock unprotected. Sorry to hear about the clam. Was everything else ok???

OP
OP
Cuda

Cuda

Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything else was ok. Kinda forgot about everything else cause the Clam was the thing I was looking forward to. I boiled the clam to save the shell and avoid the worst of the smell.
Please keep this a positive thread. It is what it is.
When you win something it is different than buying and I don't want this to be in any way a burden to a great sponser.
It did not cost me anything so I really have nothing to complain about.
003-1.jpg

005.jpg

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an unfortunate event. However, information can be gained for others that my be shipping such items. I don't think it's "negative" to discuss what could have been done to perhaps decrease the likelihood of the bag breaking, regardless of the cost, or lack there of, of the item.

Uninja

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im glad ure handling things well after this incident, and keeping things positive here. i hope u will post pics of the corals so that we can admire them. :0

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 47 49.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 7.4%
Back