The Amazing, Aquacultured Angel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are only a few fish in the genus Paracentropyge, the gorgeous P. venusta, the stunning and hyper rare P. boylei, and the subject of our article today, the starkly colored and highly underrated Paracentropyge multifasiata. More commonly called the Banded Angel, it also gets called the Multibar or Multiband Angel, the Barred Angel and the Many Band Angel. They are a common fish throughout the Indo-Pacific region. Wild juveniles are generally found singly, and in pretty shallow water near coral, rubble and sponge reefs. Adults are more frequently found in pairs or small harems, less than five individuals, and in much deeper water up to 225 feet down.

We're making the distinction about the wild specimens here because, in a miracle of modern science, we are offering Aquacultured Banded Multifasciatus Angels from our partners at Bali Aquarich! As these fish are captive bred and raised, the primary difficulty in keeping Paracentropyge multifasiata has been effectively dealt with. You see, wild specimens of this species have always been considered an “experts-only” fish because of the difficulty many aquarists encounter in getting this species to eat. In the wild, these fish are grazers, and pick on algae, sponges and rocks all day long, consuming a wide variety of small invertebrates in doing so. All of these elements of their diet are important to maintaining a healthy fish in the long run.

Now, with fish that have been reared on easily attainable foods in captivity, we are feeding these a variety of thawed foods from Gamma like Brine Plus Omega, Brine Plus Spirulina, Mysis, Bloodworms, Finely Chopped Mussel and Copepods! In addition, they are getting fed the Algae and Color Boost Pellets and Shots from Nutramar, which offers them a complete nutrient profile and the shots give them an opportunity to graze for food as the shots can be stuck to rocks. We feed the Aquacultured Banded Multifasciatus Angel twice a day here and they are doing very well on this diet. Click here to learn more

2102197 3-29-24.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back