The Angel Lovers Thread

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been able to get a good picture of it yet but ZoaCollector hooked me up with a beautiful Indonesian Regal Angel. It's doing very well so far. Stays fat all the time. I think two things are important for successful Regals 1- No overly aggressive fish, Regal's are very shy and they won't come out to eat, 2- Have allot of sponges in your tank as this is one of their primary food sources in the wild. Mine is eating everything I put in the tank now. I love these fish! I hope to have a descent picture soon, he's camera shy:rolleyes:

mattyt312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regals are beautiful fish! Never got one but researched them and everything said they are hard to keep best of luck hope all goes smooth!

blueface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picking up 2 new Angels this weekend. Been waiting 30+ years for my holy grail of all angels. I'll post pics after I get them. They will be joining my current female masked Japanese swallowtail, Multibar, & potters in my 220 angel dominated tank.

summertt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fish

images.jpeg

New2Saltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive heard angels are not reef safe but I would love to get one to add some color to my tank. Anyone have any good experiences where the angel didn't bother your corals and if so what kind was it?

Reef Junky150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive heard angels are not reef safe but I would love to get one to add some color to my tank. Anyone have any good experiences where the angel didn't bother your corals and if so what kind was it?
Depends on what angel and what corals. I can't keep a lot of corals because of my queen. I can keep some lps and most any sps. Also depends on the fish. Some are worse than others. If you want a mixed reef with no limitations on coral or clams then you may not want to home an Angel.

Reef Junky150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My queen loves polyps acans clams etc. I keep mostly sps vs the previous owner. That's how I obtained her for $25. Win win for both of us.

blueface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as I release the Shepards from its acclimation box in the next few days I will post new pics of my 3 new Angels. I also have 2 more in Qt. My avatar will have to do for now.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is wrong with this picture?
REGAL BLUEFACE.JPG

I was told I was getting in a small to medium adult Blueface (4"+) and a 2 to 3" regal from my LFS. Well the regal came in at 4" and still has a faint juvey spot on the tail, and the bluface came in 3" maybe. Both are listed as south Asia, but I think it maybe time that someone slow down on collecting BF Angels because if they are full adults by 3", are there enough large adults in that area? And yes I know I am partially to blame by getting one.

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • D/C

Votes: 47 61.8%
  • Both

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 12 15.8%
Back