The Berghia from down under.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious to hear about any experiences within the Australian reefing community with using Southern Baeolidia as a means to control aiptasia in aquariums.

Aiptasia can be quite the nuisance, and without being able to get berghia's here down under I've done abit of research and heard that Southern Baeolidia nudibranchs can be effective natural predator for managing their aiptasia.

Have any of you attempted introducing Southern Baeolidia into your tanks for aiptasia control? If so, what were your results?

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following
Where do you get them?
I haven't seen any for sale but they are common where I am, I was thinking about just collecting one or two and putting them in a temp tank to see if they do infact eat aiptasia and not corals, would have to test some zoas lol

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen any for sale but they are common where I am, I was thinking about just collecting one or two and putting them in a temp tank to see if they do infact eat aiptasia and not corals, would have to test some zoas lol
I’m not in Australia but following to see how this works out for you. Good luck!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back