The Digi Forest

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed divers den had one called tcn peach with white polyps. I didn't catch the pic though.

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got to see Rev and his wife, which is great! I hope to meet other R2R members.

I almost bought a clam but when I went back it was gone!

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had a lot of fun at reefapalooza met with rev. Took a few acans and other stonts home will post picks when lights come on tommorow. Beautiful pieces. Can't wait for them to open up had a blast at the show. Wish I could go again Sunday but no funds left after today and my shopping lol

shornik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started following your thread after your post about RAP. Wow I love digits too but only have a couple. Your tank and going species specific is very cool, it looks great. I have to confess my wife may have bought your clam :neutral: Was it a Deresa from Unique Corals?

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started following your thread after your post about RAP. Wow I love digits too but only have a couple. Your tank and going species specific is very cool, it looks great. I have to confess my wife may have bought your clam :neutral: Was it a Deresa from Unique Corals?
Dang it!!! That was one of the clams I was interested in!

shornik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang it!!! That was one of the clams I was interested in!

Well I wish you would have got it instead of my wife, :wink:. It's closed up right now but hope it opens soon. It had some nice green/yellow coloring that I saw when I was drip acclimating yesterday. I think I saw a Maxima in one of your tank shots, beautiful!

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pics of the finds..

Bubblegum Digi (Sorry for the terrible pics)
uploadfromtaptalk1428956750687.jpg

Here's the black mantle clam I picked up.. Sorry again, fish would not get out of the way!
uploadfromtaptalk1428956850375.jpg

And here's the tank today plus some others:

uploadfromtaptalk1428956920726.jpg

This is my bicolor Digi, a green and a brown variety.
uploadfromtaptalk1428956963315.jpg

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to see this tank in a year or so, when all the digis are freaking huge!

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to see this tank in a year or so, when all the digis are freaking huge!
Me too! Its nice to think I have so few projects left to do for the tank and related things. That I know of at the moment, I need to:

- Set up my new RODI unit. I bought BRS' 4 Stage Value Water Saver Plus (I got the 150GPD water saver upgrade). On my current unit (Aqua safe unit) I have added a dual stage DI unit. I am hoping to not need it anymore, but we'll see...

- Build my new anti-micro-bubble wall for the sump once I get the parts from my Dad. I'm in no hurry for this as the bubbles aren't that bad, but enough to be noticeable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reason for new unit is because my old one had a good to waste water ratio of 1:4+ while BRS said my new unit will do 1:2.

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love digis!! I just picked up a pink and german blue frag about a month ago. They are going to go well with the purple and the FF!! The FF is the one that got me into digis, the growth pattern got me first, then just seeing the different varieties but with the similar odd growth pattern. So cool!

I cannot wait to see this grown up!!

Great looking tank!

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed the new BRS RODI unit and while it went fairly smoothly I can across a problem. I already have a booster pump but it does not connect with BRS' pressure switch, the electrical connections don't match.

I am waiting on BRS to reply with a possible solution. If not I'll have to look for an adapter/solution the hard way.

uploadfromtaptalk1429050434858.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1429050467397.jpg

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Christian. Wish I could have made RAP. Gonna have to get frags when your tank starts growing like crazy

OP
OP
Electrobes

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Typical clean freak, I saw the pic above and thought "Oi, I need to wipe it all down with a chlorox wipe." Presto, now its comfortably clean but lighting sucks to shoot a photo. [emoji23]

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back