The great Waterbox 35.2 AIO thread

MiamiAG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all -

I started a Waterbox 35.2 AIO yesterday and saw that there are some unique features to it. It took quite a bit of research to try and find some answers to my questions so I thought it warranted a thread to house any and all questions owners may have. I hope by consolidating information on this great aquarium into one thread it will make it easier for owners.

Here is mine, set up yesterday.

IMG_3730.jpeg

OP
OP
MiamiAG

MiamiAG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the first issues, I had was how to properly install the return nozzle. You would think it would be an easy thing but it wasn't.

I always learned that the o-ring for a bulkhead goes on the inside of the aquarium (wet side). Well, that's not the case with this return nozzle. Moreover, it has a plastic nut that you would think helps to tighten the grip with the glass, but that's not right.

Waterbox did not include clear instructions with the aquarium on this. It is, however, on their site IF you find it. It's in the Help Desk section under "Installation". Here is the link to the AIO return nozzle installation instructions.

Attaching a screen grab from it:

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 6.59.34 AM.png

OP
OP
MiamiAG

MiamiAG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I chose Kraken Reef’s lid specifically made for the 35.2. Fits absolutely perfectly and the quality is top notch. I highly recommend it.

I also picked up a couple of filter cups to replace the filter socks. I’m going to go filter floss instead.

A6E737BB-3B3A-4D86-A66F-CBB6752F8977.jpeg

OP
OP
MiamiAG

MiamiAG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also reporting that the Vivid Creative Aquariums random flow generator kit for the 35.2 is working fantastically well. I’m using a Sicce Syncra 1.5 as the return pump.

OP
OP
MiamiAG

MiamiAG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tunze 9004 DC skimmer is working great so far. I am at the 1 week + 1 day mark since starting the tank cycle. Tank is empty other than bacteria and the skimmer has been on without a cup for about 3 days. Running it without the cup simply for aeration.

Attachments

• IMG_3750.MOV
    36.9 MB
OP
OP
MiamiAG

MiamiAG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Only updates is that I’m working through a dino invasion of epic proportions. Nutrients tanked to zero for a while.
Will post pictures when I’m on the other side of it.

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, still waiting for mine to be delivered. I placed my order on the water box Canadian website at the beginning of the month and they took my money and I still don't have a tank. I've already got my mighty jet DC return pump, the tunze 9004 DC skimmer sitting in the corner waiting for my water box to arrive.

I know this is going to sound like a rant and it is, when I ordered the tank they sent me a bill of sale and even sent me a link for tracking and when I spoke to them last week they said they are sold out! I'm like what do you mean sold out? I got my order in and I'm expecting my order. They turned around and said it was a problem in the server and it wasn't in sync with the site which hardly ever happens but it did. So long story short my new ETA is the end of May or the first part of June. And to top it off, I ordered the Aspen stand and customer service told me they don't have an ETA if I go with that Aspen stand, so lonely way I could get late May to early June delivery is by ordering the black stand.

For 2 grand you would think they would be a little more on top of their game.. needless to say I'm not impressed.
Yes you @Waterbox Aquariums

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, still waiting for mine to be delivered. I placed my order on the water box Canadian website at the beginning of the month and they took my money and I still don't have a tank. I've already got my mighty jet DC return pump, the tunze 9004 DC skimmer sitting in the corner waiting for my water box to arrive.

I know this is going to sound like a rant and it is, when I ordered the tank they sent me a bill of sale and even sent me a link for tracking and when I spoke to them last week they said they are sold out! I'm like what do you mean sold out? I got my order in and I'm expecting my order. They turned around and said it was a problem in the server and it wasn't in sync with the site which hardly ever happens but it did. So long story short my new ETA is the end of May or the first part of June. And to top it off, I ordered the Aspen stand and customer service told me they don't have an ETA if I go with that Aspen stand, so lonely way I could get late May to early June delivery is by ordering the black stand.

For 2 grand you would think they would be a little more on top of their game.. needless to say I'm not impressed.
Yes you @Waterbox Aquariums
Thank you for the information, I was looking at their website last night. They made everything sound so smooth. I'll keep looking / shopping around.

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No more updates, the only thing I learned from this thread was the 9004 DC skimmer fits which is great to know since I have it still in the package along with return pump and everything else to get it running. I'll start a build thread once I received the tank and have a whole bunch of unanswered questions specifically on the 35.2

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tia @Vivid Creative Aquatics can point you in the right direction. What pump do you use?
Sure - you actually have a few different Flow Kit options for the AOI tanks now - you can run dual 1/4in RFG, dual 1/2in RFG (if you have a big enough pump) or a signal 1/2in RFG (my personal favorite) per outlet

To convert the outlet to a single nozzle and replace the stock Y fitting you need two items

Slip-Fit-Drop Adapter – 19mm to 1/2in Loc-Line – Flex

Flex Series 1/2in Random Flow Generator – RFG050-FLX

With the Y fitting removed you can attach the adapter to the the threaded pipe that protrudes through the back glass. That pipe has an approximate outer diameter of around 20mm. Are updated 19mm Innovative Marine Slip-Fit-drop adapter will actually stretch and fit over that outlet. It is a little bit of a tight fit, but it does work.

If want to keep the stock Y fitting and run 2 Random Flow Generators per outlet, we have kits that will attach directly to the stock Y fitting. You want to choose 1/4in or 1/2in RFGs depending on the size of your return pump

300 GPH or less
2 kits - 1/4in Random Flow Generator® Flow Kit – 1/4 Flex-Series RFG

300 GPH or more (500+ recommended)
2 kits
- 1/2in Random Flow Generator® Flow Kit – 1/2 Flex-Series RFG

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back