The last new products for the year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NEW @ BRS
minimax-sump-reactor-innovative-marine-3.jpg

MiniMax Sump All-in-One Media Reactor - Innovative Marine
I really am excited to see this reactor under people's tanks. It's super low profile at 4.3" x 4.3" x 9.6", and it holds 380mL of media. That's enough media for:​
  • A 256 gallon tank when using ROX 0.8​
  • A little less than a 100 gallon tank when using our standard GFO (don't forget you need room for the media to tumble!)​
  • A 50ish gallon tank when tumbling biopellets

210593-par38-gooseneck-rapidled.jpg

PAR38 Gooseneck Tank Mount - RapidLED
    A nice chunk of aluminum and THREE nylon thumbscrews secure this baby to your tank (rims up to 1" thick). The neck itself it ultra flexible and holds its shape very well. This is THE ideal solution for those looking to run PAR style bulbs like the ones from RapidLED. Nano tankers...I'm looking at you.

204179-universal-co2-scrubber-brs.jpg

BRS Universal CO2 Scrubber
A few weeks ago we released a video about how running a CO2 scrubbers has DOUBLED our calcium and alkalinity consumption which shows itself in increased growth. This CO2 scrubber includes 3/8" barbed fittings that a lot of skimmers are able to easily connect to. By the way, this item was suggested by you guys so thanks for the feedback!

Want to see the latest new products? Click HERE

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have any information about how the media reactor works?

Yup! Check out these photos:
minimaxoverviewSMALL.jpg

Here's the reactor in it's entirety. There's an included pump that goes into the bottom white portion and feeds the reactor media, upflow style.

minimaxknobSMALL.jpg

The knob on the top of the reactor turns the inner chamber and allows you to adjust the flow through the reactor.

minimaxbaseSMALL.jpg

The thin acrylic ring allows you to finely adjust the water flow out of the reactor in order to make it silent

MinimaxSMALL.jpg

Possibly my favorite part about it, is just how easy the media is to replace. The entire media chamber slides right out the top which you can then bring to the sink.

MinimaxLidSMALL.jpg

Here's a photo of the lid you need to remove on the media chamber to access the media.

MTWiley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one from a different vendor about a month ago. Before I could even get it wet the little pin in the bottom of the inner cartridge to limits how much you can turn it broke. I contacted the other vendor and they sent a replacement. While waiting for the replacement I decided to use the reactor since I needed a carbon reactor (which is why I ordered it in the first place) and things seemed fine for the first few weeks. After a few weeks, the top popped off while the reactor was turned on and dumped the entire reactor's worth of carbon into my sump. I tried to siphon it out of my sump, but my sump is in a cabinet below my tank and only a few inches from the ground so siphoning out an entire reactor's worth of carbon didn't go very well. It was late at night so home depot and lowes were both closed, but the following day I went to HD and picked up a bucket head wet/dry vac so I could suck up & clean up all the carbon that had been dumped in my sump by the reactor.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one from a different vendor about a month ago. Before I could even get it wet the little pin in the bottom of the inner cartridge to limits how much you can turn it broke. I contacted the other vendor and they sent a replacement. While waiting for the replacement I decided to use the reactor since I needed a carbon reactor (which is why I ordered it in the first place) and things seemed fine for the first few weeks. After a few weeks, the top popped off while the reactor was turned on and dumped the entire reactor's worth of carbon into my sump. I tried to siphon it out of my sump, but my sump is in a cabinet below my tank and only a few inches from the ground so siphoning out an entire reactor's worth of carbon didn't go very well. It was late at night so home depot and lowes were both closed, but the following day I went to HD and picked up a bucket head wet/dry vac so I could suck up & clean up all the carbon that had been dumped in my sump by the reactor.

Bummer, sorry to hear it. How is the replacement working for you?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back