The Official 2015 Frag Farmer's Market Thread!!!

mtc1966

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great event as usual and the amount of 5$ zoa frags was just perfect as that's what I was after this year . besides those also picked up a nice Yuma from trigersreef and a rainbow bubble . well worth the price of admission thanks' Fitch

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that the dust has settled, for the most part, I wanted to extend a thank you to a bunch of people who make the FFM work. It is a TON of work on my end to get it all together but when it comes to the days before, during, and after, I get a TON of help from people.
First I want to thank the students who work with me and the ones who came in to help. These were all high school students, or previous students of mine, who gave up their time to come in and help me. Joey and Ethan have been working like dogs to mix water (I ended up needing over 1000 gallons to supply all of the sellers) and get things ready for the event for a few weeks. Kelsey, Anna, Kelsey, Alix, and Nate all came in that day and the night before to help get things arranged and set-up. They helped things run smoothly during and all stayed to clean up afterwards as well. This was the first year that a bunch of vendors set-up without me having to help them. My kids were so on the ball that they were finding people's spots, arranging their tables/water and I was not even involved.
Second I want to thank my reefing brothers and sisters who helped out as well. Scott, Brian, Keith for all of your help with running the event. It is awesome to have friends like that who give their time to help me run the FFM. The raffle tickets and pulls with Brian and Scott have become a tradition that I look forward to every year and who else could keep the crowds at bay at the front door better than Keith. Thanks to Mike and Bob and all his crew from Exotic Fish and Coral. It is way beyond the call of duty for one of the shops to some in the night before, set themselves up, then help get the place set-up and then stayed late after the event to help get the classrooms back in order. Thanks to all of you guys as well.
Lastly, I want to thank all of the vendors and attendees. The vendors this year brought the sweetest stuff I have ever seen at an FFM. They brought their A game this year and I was just sorry that I didn't get to stop and see half of them during the day. The attendees drive in from all over the Northeast. I appreciate you making the ride out and hope that your ride was worth it.
Thanks again to everyone who came/helped/shopped and I apologize if I left anyone off this list!
-Jon

P.S.
The 2016 FFM will be on March 5th 2016!

AquaMama13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Jon for such an awesome day, we had a great time as vendors and shoppers ;) can't wait till next year

fisharefriends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that the dust has settled, for the most part, I wanted to extend a thank you to a bunch of people who make the FFM work. It is a TON of work on my end to get it all together but when it comes to the days before, during, and after, I get a TON of help from people.
First I want to thank the students who work with me and the ones who came in to help. These were all high school students, or previous students of mine, who gave up their time to come in and help me. Joey and Ethan have been working like dogs to mix water (I ended up needing over 1000 gallons to supply all of the sellers) and get things ready for the event for a few weeks. Kelsey, Anna, Kelsey, Alix, and Nate all came in that day and the night before to help get things arranged and set-up. They helped things run smoothly during and all stayed to clean up afterwards as well. This was the first year that a bunch of vendors set-up without me having to help them. My kids were so on the ball that they were finding people's spots, arranging their tables/water and I was not even involved.
Second I want to thank my reefing brothers and sisters who helped out as well. Scott, Brian, Keith for all of your help with running the event. It is awesome to have friends like that who give their time to help me run the FFM. The raffle tickets and pulls with Brian and Scott have become a tradition that I look forward to every year and who else could keep the crowds at bay at the front door better than Keith. Thanks to Mike and Bob and all his crew from Exotic Fish and Coral. It is way beyond the call of duty for one of the shops to some in the night before, set themselves up, then help get the place set-up and then stayed late after the event to help get the classrooms back in order. Thanks to all of you guys as well.
Lastly, I want to thank all of the vendors and attendees. The vendors this year brought the sweetest stuff I have ever seen at an FFM. They brought their A game this year and I was just sorry that I didn't get to stop and see half of them during the day. The attendees drive in from all over the Northeast. I appreciate you making the ride out and hope that your ride was worth it.
Thanks again to everyone who came/helped/shopped and I apologize if I left anyone off this list!
-Jon

P.S.
The 2016 FFM will be on March 5th 2016!
Thanks Fitch nice too finally meet ya. Good job... I am the same person on Nyreefs.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back