Tigahboy's Macroalgae Tank(s)

strich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? I honestly think you're one of the few actually pushing the boundaries of tank beauty.

I'd love to know your thoughts about making scapes a little more mixed - IE some corals/sponges draped or backdropped in macro algae. I have come across very few tanks trying this.

OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? I honestly think you're one of the few actually pushing the boundaries of tank beauty.

I'd love to know your thoughts about making scapes a little more mixed - IE some corals/sponges draped or backdropped in macro algae. I have come across very few tanks trying this.
Thanks for the reminder to update this thread. It's been awhile. Been super busy with work, and while I still post regularly on my Instagram, I haven't done a great job posting anywhere else. I have a lot of new projects since the last time I posted here, so will work on taking and editing some photos to actually do a proper post with all of those new tanks. But here's a recent photo of one my pretty Pajama Cardinalfish in my 70g in the meantime. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

DSC08264.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the reminder to update this thread. It's been awhile. Been super busy with work, and while I still post regularly on my Instagram, I haven't done a great job posting anywhere else. I have a lot of new projects since the last time I posted here, so will work on taking and editing some photos to actually do a proper post with all of those new tanks. But here's a recent photo of one my pretty Pajama Cardinalfish in my 70g in the meantime. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

DSC08264.jpg
Don’t forget us!!!!

OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a photo of my 70g macroalgae tank after I did a huge trim last night. It was completely overgrown

9DADDA42-23B5-4A3D-A1BC-F0C29352F073-3.jpg

A blurry-ish shot of this tank from a couple weeks ago. I have a UNS brand light screen (the Atmos which allows me to change the colors as well) for this tank now. I usually keep it on most of the time, but sometimes I like to still take it off when I do a deep clean and I do appreciate the clear back look as well.

DSC09756.jpg

OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few new macro algae projects that I set up over the past few months.

B17F5DD1-42D5-435F-9835-07DE52A42A33.jpg

Details below.

Left: A new almost 3-gallon bowl. Filled with macroalgae, soft coral, sexy shrimp, Mini Maxi anemones, and a red mangrove.

Middle: UNS 30A - 7 gallon cube with black lava rock, Caulerpa sertularoides, Jania, and the centerpiece - a Fiji Yellow Leather.

Right: UNS 30A Dual - 7 gallon cube with a ton of macroalgae.

Using SUSANOO LEDs which are light bulbs from Japan designed specifically to grow macroalgae. I've seen a lot of great growth under these lights and love the color spectrum.

Let me know what you think!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 151 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back