OP
T

tyreefkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tetra internal filter, tetra internal heater,2 damsels,1 cleaner and 2 zoanthids. My goal is to make it a mixed reef

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixed reef on a small tank is going to be tricky. You'll need enough light for your SPS/Acros, but not too much light for your LPS/softies. The tank height will determine how much light you can give and where to place your corals.

OP
OP
T

tyreefkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixed reef on a small tank is going to be tricky. You'll need enough light for your SPS/Acros, but not too much light for your LPS/softies. The tank height will determine how much light you can give and where to place your corals.
Oh, ok thanks for the advice I think I might do more research now

stevemillersreef

millersreef.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please give my some tips for my nano reef I am new to the hobby
Oh, ok thanks for the advice I think I might do more research now
I would checkout kessil lights, they are the best in my opinion and perfect for mixed reefs. I think it's the A80 for nano. A diverse clean up crew is a must. The key is having things that will eat stuff before you have an issue. Sand sifters are great to keep the sand clean, hermits to get in the crevices. Shrimp for possible glass nems. Prevention is the key. I get my crews from reefcleaners.org, they send you exactly what you need for the size tank you have. Oh and watch all the BRStv videos on mixed reef. Pick a good salt like tropic Marin, Red Sea blue bucket, or aqua forest hybrid, water changes each week, it will keep everything happy,

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back