Toadstool Leather Corals

Zachary S.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a toadstool leather coral on Friday and it has been doing great and opened all the way up within an hour of being in the tank. All day today it has been looking fantastic, with the polyps were fully open. I turn the lights off of the aquarium about 2 hours ago, and I looked into the aquarium with a flashlight to view the nocturnal critters. I noticed that my toadstool is shriveled up and looked to be changing colors, (I couldn’t tell what color because I didn’t want to turn the lights on. ) I was just wondering if this is a common behavior for toadstools to do when there is no light on them? I’m also aware that toadstools do shed and was wondering if that’s what it’s doing? (The new color could be the old skin). TIA for any replys!

Daniel Morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a toadstool leather coral on Friday and it has been doing great and opened all the way up within an hour of being in the tank. All day today it has been looking fantastic, with the polyps were fully open. I turn the lights off of the aquarium about 2 hours ago, and I looked into the aquarium with a flashlight to view the nocturnal critters. I noticed that my toadstool is shriveled up and looked to be changing colors, (I couldn’t tell what color because I didn’t want to turn the lights on. ) I was just wondering if this is a common behavior for toadstools to do when there is no light on them? I’m also aware that toadstools do shed and was wondering if that’s what it’s doing? (The new color could be the old skin). TIA for any replys!

The tentacles on mine retract every night had it for years.

IMG_20191201_205801.jpg

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back