Torch and Hammer corals

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are exceptions to the guidelines i stated, but in general its a good place to start with.

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait so if a torch isn't compatible, does it have the stronger sting? I'd rather lose one head of my giant pink tip frogspawn colony, than my only head of golden torch (they're next to eachother)

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
torches and frogs= good
frogs and hammrs=good
torches and hammers= no good
and in some cases hammers from different locations = no good. Haven't seen this myself but have heard of it
I have pictures of torches and frogs touching in my system if you want evidence.
Noted this. I am planning to get Frogs next week and hoping it will be ok with the current Hammer in the tank.

OP
OP
g_acosta_02

g_acosta_02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are torch coral one of the most aggressive one's??? cause I have my torch right next to hammer so far so good the are little one head each don't know what will happen when they grow. I am also looking for a frog but with everything you read here make you not even to start an aquarium

ReefFreak@

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are torch coral one of the most aggressive one's??? cause I have my torch right next to hammer so far so good the are little one head each don't know what will happen when they grow. I am also looking for a frog but with everything you read here make you not even to start an aquarium
out of the three torches are the most aggressive. What do you mean what have you read about frogspawn

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torches are hit or miss if it will sting other euphyllia. Generally all corals should be placed not close to another. Euphyliia are a group where some can get along with other family members. The torch can be the black sheep of the family.

Most all corals will not tolerate another coral unless it is the same species. Frogspawn and hammers are tolerate of each other. Torches may or may not.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back