Torch with black dots & damaged tentacles?

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers!

I purchased a Hellfire Torch and got it into the tank today. I did do a CoralRX dip before putting it in there, but when I came home from work I noticed a bunch of these black little dots on the tentacles and what seems to be some of the tentacle tips to be “ripped” off. Any clue what this is and what I need to do?
IMG_7018.jpeg
IMG_7015.jpeg

dr_vinnie_boombatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no pro by any means but my torch has similar "spots" which are new growth points. Mine are more white dots in color - could it be your lighting making them look black? Mine has lost a few tips too randomly over the last month (I have only snails and one fish). Its very happy and growing good. Hopefully someone more experienced chimes in. Best of luck!

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi Reefers!

I purchased a Hellfire Torch and got it into the tank today. I did do a CoralRX dip before putting it in there, but when I came home from work I noticed a bunch of these black little dots on the tentacles and what seems to be some of the tentacle tips to be “ripped” off. Any clue what this is and what I need to do?
IMG_7018.jpeg
IMG_7015.jpeg
Maybe flatworms, I’d give it a good inspection.

OP
OP
jgabbsxx

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no pro by any means but my torch has similar "spots" which are new growth points. Mine are more white dots in color - could it be your lighting making them look black? Mine has lost a few tips too randomly over the last month (I have only snails and one fish). Its very happy and growing good. Hopefully someone more experienced chimes in. Best of luck!
Unfortunately not the lighting. The torch seems to be extending out now so I might just reevaluate it in the morning and see if it might meed another dip!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.1%
Back