Total Apex pro reset

KHH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As I’m new to Apex I went in and changed names and plugged things into the wrong ports and have lost control of what is what ( constant alarms that I have no idea where they are coming from). I’ve looked back through threads about a reset of everything including port names. The word on the street is you hold the apex module reset for 30 sec. However this was a post from 2017. Does this still work. I want everything reset to the way it was when it came out of the box including power bar and apex port names.

Thanks in advance for the words of wisdom.

OP
OP
KHH

KHH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I threw caution to the wind and pressed the reset button next to the aquabus port for 30 sec. This reset everything to their original name. So it does work.

It’s worth noting the reset whole looks different than prior apex devices so it took me a second to find. It’s a half circle instead of a whole. I’ll post a picture once I get home.

Last edited:

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I threw caution to the wind and pressed the reset button next to the aquabus port for 30 sec. This reset everything to their original name. So it does work.

It’s worth noting the reset whole looks different than prior apex devices so it took me a second to find. It’s a half circle instead of a whole. I’ll post a picture once I get home.

Thank you for confirming this! I just setup a new Jr for my tank, but I will be getting a Pro next week and moving the Jr to another tank so I'm going to have to reset it.

Question though, do you need to recalibrate PH (or other probes) when you reset the Apex head?

Thanks!

OP
OP
KHH

KHH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for confirming this! I just setup a new Jr for my tank, but I will be getting a Pro next week and moving the Jr to another tank so I'm going to have to reset it.

Question though, do you need to recalibrate PH (or other probes) when you reset the Apex head?

Thanks!
Yup. A 30 second button press is a hard factory reset. A 5 second press resets WiFi. So with a factory reset it dumps all data ORP PH and temp calibrations.

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yup. A 30 second button press is a hard factory reset. A 5 second press resets WiFi. So with a factory reset it dumps all data ORP PH and temp calibrations.
Ah, thank you for letting me know. It looks like I'll be getting some more calibration fluid soon.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back