Triton Test Results from my 500G tank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ellery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sanjay - Were you adding the Nualgi as your Silicates since that was what they have been promoting that increased some different types of diatoms to grow to compete with large Algae types.

I've also heard about Potassium supposedly improved Coloration but I see more changes with the light setting I'm using in mixing the whites vs the blue spectrums. I've also found more Orange type corals will require more white, green, red, lighting compared to just blues.

dgrigor02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to be able to use yours as a comparison. Mine is a 180g show tank, been running ATS as primary filtration for just shy of 3 years now. Kalkwasser keeps my CA/Alk levels just fine. I do add Calcium Chloride and Randy's Mag recipe to my fresh saltwater to get it up to par. I do 1 Instant Ocean bag water change per week ( it's easy and bucket is calibrated for it ).

Several of my element results are very similiar to yours so likely coming from the salt:

Br, yours 87, mine 84. I don't dose anything that I believe could contribute and is spot on with yours.
Sr, your 10.43, mine 6.49. I've never dosed based on Randy and Boomer not sure I will ever mess with it.
Li, your 352, mine 354. So likely coming from Instant Ocean as well.
Mo, yours 5.91, mine 1.41. Mine is lower don't know if scrubber has to do with the lower levels.
K, mine is spot on 405. I've never dosed. Acro colors are great never had a complaint.
I, yours 34.56, mine 206. I've dose Iodine, lugols form and Two little fishies in the past. I'll stop and retest in 60-90days. I feed nori 2 sheets a day along with heavy fish feeding since my ATS is large.
Si yours 160, mine 42.51, you mention dosing. I dose also but much less just 1ml of liquid glass every 2 weeks. If I go to 1 ml per week may get me close to target.
Fe, mine showing as 0, I'm surprised. I dose iron for the ATS I can probably increase more than I have been. Normally I use some just after screen cleaning to help repopulate.
PO4 your .07, mine is .083 which is pretty much in line with my hanna readings. .06-.08 is where my tank seems to do best.
P your 24, mine 27.

All the rest pretty much zeros.

Ones that have me curious V and Mn show zeros. Not sure if go as far as trying to dose or correct them.

Tank Pic from last week, my tank has been doing awesome for quite some time. A pic for reference:

attachment.php

Grant

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I may have figured out why I have high Aluminum and possibly Tin, not sure it's related to high Lithium. My supplements manufacturer had a bad batch of aluminum bottles. They use a liner inside the bottles.

Waiting for confirmation if my bottles are part of that batch. Looks like they will be changing their packaging. Hopefully hear something next week. They were very responsive which I do appreciate.

Without Triton test wouldn't have known I had a heavy metal issue. Will do water changes and change out the supplements and test again in Jan to see if levels are lower.

Grant.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fe, mine showing as 0, I'm surprised. I dose iron for the ATS I can probably increase more than I have been. Normally I use some just after screen cleaning to help repopulate.

You can be dosing quite a bit (in relative terms) of iron and not detect it with kits or the Triton method.

NSW surface levels of iron can be as low as 0.006 ppb, and I think the Triton limit of detection is about 0.3 ppb. :)

OP
OP
sanjay

sanjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sanjay - Were you adding the Nualgi as your Silicates since that was what they have been promoting that increased some different types of diatoms to grow to compete with large Algae types.

I've also heard about Potassium supposedly improved Coloration but I see more changes with the light setting I'm using in mixing the whites vs the blue spectrums. I've also found more Orange type corals will require more white, green, red, lighting compared to just blues.

I was dosing Sodium Silicate. Not much, 5 ml of 5740 ppm of Si.

sanjay.

Reefman24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this test include alkalinity? If so, what is it listed under on the test results?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back