Trumpet coral starting new colony

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Just wanted to share the attached photos. Over the past few weeks my trumpet corals been “rearranging” itself. It almost looked like it was melting, but I wasn’t too concerned because it’s polyps were open and parameters good.

Today I noticed it’s finally looking like it may drop a polyp or two? Perhaps trying to start a new colony - I read this is one way trumpets propagate.

When/if this trumpet drops a polyp off, should I just let it do its thing? Maybe nudge it somewhere safe? Lol. I imagine I won’t really be able to handle it/glue it somewhere on my reef until it gets a little more established?

IMG_8263.jpeg IMG_8262.jpeg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's awesome! Did it drop the frag yet?

OP
OP
mr.lordacan

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how about now
Dont mind the bubble algae, it’s a work in progress lol… but yeah, it detached a couple weeks ago and forgot to update this thread!

Not sure what to do from here, just kind of letting it do its thing. It’s settled against some rockwork so we’ll see. I contemplated picking up some live rock rubble and putting in an acclimation box or something to see if it’ll attach itself?
IMG_8546.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8547.jpeg
    IMG_8547.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 5

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back