Tunze cloud controller - update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rvitko any update on when the new cloud controllers will be release?

Been wanting to pull the trigger on a stream 3 but don’t want to buy the current model and then have to buy the new cloud controller separately as well

7061DCE9-FEFE-4F54-B74C-68DE5913F9C7.jpeg

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are ready, unfortunately, the suppliers of the IC's and other electronic components says 2023 delivery, we will see, we are still trying to get the parts, but the product is finished design wise and we had hoped to launch it in the next couple months.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are done, the circuit board is going into production and by July they will be available.

Tariq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the market for a couple of reliable wavemakers for my sps tank and even top-of-the-line, even the costliest wavemakers have poor reliability records - except for Tunze.

The only thing that's keeping me from buying Tunze is an updated controller.
Any news on when it will be available?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are actually in production now, the main hold up is we didn't realize that since it is a broadcasting device (WIFI) we needed approvals like FCC approval not just for the US, but worldwide, this approval process is underway and once we have it, we should be all set. We essentially assumed that if the components we used were approved, we were all set, but it doesn't work that way so the device has to be tested and approved prior to sale. This is for the 7000, the new controllers that will build in WIFI directly into the pumps is going to be later this fall, but since it is the same basic internals, the approval process is also already underway for that.

Tariq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greatly appreciate the reply.
I assume the new controllers will be compatible with the existing wavemakers, correct?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes as will the new propellers that are due next month and half the power consumption as well as greatly reduce the noise.

Andyos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roger, just to clarify, are you saying that later this year there will be a replacement for the Tunze Stream 3 built in controllers that will add wireless functionality without having to buy the additional 7000 (which I understand is gettig the wireless cloud controller functionality first)?

I have two Stream 3's connected to an older 7096 which despite calibration attempts only seems to work properly on one of the pumps - would be great to ditch that!

MantisReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to this as well, 3 new Stream 3's and controller for my 400, or whatever is needed to make them all work together in the cloud with the new Tunze app. Roger can you please clarify what is coming later this fall and what will be needed to make this kind of functionality work.

OP
OP
Ky_acc

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here — would be great to hear more

Also hoping that the controller interfaces with the safety connector battery backup. I love tunze pumps but not being able to program them while connected to battery backup is limiting…

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update Roger? We’re on the edge of our seats here!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The controller is done as is the cloud, we are still in the FCC approval process, the last update I got was they expect to start shipping end of December.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The controller is done as is the cloud, we are still in the FCC approval process, the last update I got was they expect to start shipping end of December.

Thanks Roger! So will this eliminate the controller that comes with the pumps or still just piggy back via the external control port?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a retrofit there will be a version that piggy backs via the external port control. If you buy new pumps, they will be connected in place of the current 7090, however both versions will be available, the manual 7090 and the new hub based controller version which will have a higher price.

JS_racer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes as will the new propellers that are due next month and half the power consumption as well as greatly reduce the noise.
new propellers ??
for what powerheads or pumps ??
(have 6055 and 6095 )
not sure what the picture is, looks interesting

1702649110410.png

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.4%
Back