Tunze osmolato issue

barry28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a tunze osmolator that’s only a few months old. I always clean off the sensor however I went away for 2 days and came back and noticed the level was low in the sump and the sensor had dried salt all over it. Thought it was a freak thing but it’s been happening once a week now. I reached out to bulk reef but they never replied then just asked for a review on how the help they provided went. Curious if anyone else has had this issue.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a tunze osmolator that’s only a few months old. I always clean off the sensor however I went away for 2 days and came back and noticed the level was low in the sump and the sensor had dried salt all over it. Thought it was a freak thing but it’s been happening once a week now. I reached out to bulk reef but they never replied then just asked for a review on how the help they provided went. Curious if anyone else has had this issue.
I had this happen you can try to get the controller fixed someone does it or buy just the controller, there's a few places online

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might want to add a secondary an old school float valve like auto top off or whatever brand you like. Ive not had much luck with optical sensors but old schools never let me down

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a tunze osmolator that’s only a few months old. I always clean off the sensor however I went away for 2 days and came back and noticed the level was low in the sump and the sensor had dried salt all over it. Thought it was a freak thing but it’s been happening once a week now. I reached out to bulk reef but they never replied then just asked for a review on how the help they provided went. Curious if anyone else has had this issue

Osmolator 3155?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back