Turning Your Display Upside Down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jellyfish aquariums are a rare sight and have been for some time; they are unique in how they look and operate and thus aren't for everyone, which is a shame. Most jellyfish require a tank known as a “kreisel.” These are shaped like a cylinder on its side, with a gentle circular flow to help keep the jellyfish suspended. This flow design also aids in getting an appropriate food density in close proximity to the jellyfish. There are several beautiful jellies available to displays in these kinds of tanks, and an article on kreisel tanks is coming.

In regard to feeding Cassiopeia Jellies, it needs to be done. Much of the input these jellies need is supplied by their zooxanthellae, but not all of it. While they can ingest very small meaty foods, we suggest feeding them zooplankton and substitutes which they will ingest through their multiple mouths! They are not active hunters and so it is possible to maintain a pod culture in the aquarium with them, which is a great idea and can be kick started by adding some Nutramar Tigrio (live copepods) and then feeding those with Nutramar Live Phtyoplankon like the IC or TC product. You can / should also target feed your jellies, by turning off your flow and very gently basting them with a small food like thawed Copepods or Plankton from Gamma Foods or live Artemia nauplii from Nutramar. You'll find feeding your jellies is fun, and if you have a good population of copepods in your tank, you'll only need to feed once or twice a week. Click Here To Learn More

08-07-23-1540047.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back