Two tanks, one Apex... but do I need 2 MXMs?

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius allows for multiple tanks and grouping of lights + powerheads, but I'm not sure how the MXM works.
Basically, I have a display tank and a frag tank plumbed into it. I want different settings/schedules for both groups of pumps/lights.

EDIT:

Display: 6 Radions, 2 MPs, 1 Vectra
Frag: 2 Radions, 2 MPs

Last edited:

Cpc83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
0   1   1
Use mobius mxm module is crap. You have to set up a fallback on mobius even with mxm just use the mobius and save the 99$ you will waste on mxm. They disconnect all the time loose time sync etc

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use mobius mxm module is crap. You have to set up a fallback on mobius even with mxm just use the mobius and save the 99$ you will waste on mxm. They disconnect all the time loose time sync etc
dang... I've had this issue in the past with Apex in general. I'm setting up a new tank and was on the fence about GHL (also used it before and liked it) vs Apex and the MXM is what was pushing me to Apex....

I haven't purchased anything yet and now you got me second guessing again lol

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

I’ve never once had a disconnect of my mobius controlled devices. 2 MPs and 1 return pump. It works really well.

OP- you could control 2 tanks with 1 apex and mxm. Would be no problem. Can group them or leave them individually. You can fine tune every device controlled by the mxm.

Cpc83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
0   1   1
I’ve never once had a disconnect of my mobius controlled devices. 2 MPs and 1 return pump. It works really well.

OP- you could control 2 tanks with 1 apex and mxm. Would be no problem. Can group them or leave them individually. You can fine tune every device controlled by the mxm.
To each there own I have sold mps and scrapped radions because mobius sucks and mxm was worse in the beginning couldn't select parent and child or back of tank with mxm lost 90% of functions readily available in mobius that you paid for. Bertram the group that bought ecotech is crap

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
To each there own I have sold mps and scrapped radions because mobius sucks and mxm was worse in the beginning couldn't select parent and child or back of tank with mxm lost 90% of functions readily available in mobius that you paid for. Bertram the group that bought ecotech is crap

Sounds like user error to me. I’ve had my mxm since launch. No issues. They have added additional features as well.

I agree with the new ownership sucking. BRS, ecotech and Neptune are all trash now. Pretty typical of these greed sales.

Cpc83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
0   1   1
Sounds like user error to me. I’ve had my mxm since launch. No issues. They have added additional features as well.

I agree with the new ownership sucking. BRS, ecotech and Neptune are all trash now. Pretty typical of these greed sales.
The main user error i had was listening to brs . Once I scrapped the majority of stuff bought from them and went another direction bam it all fell into play. Mxm I have logs of it disconnecting. Have videos I sent to ecotech and neptune of one pump running in reef crest other running full bore 24-7 when they had program on neptune and a fallback. I did all the crap eco and neptune said do first it was oh we see you haven't updated to latest firm ware download that and it will fix the issues. Eco oh reset the lights and mps and add them back to mobius then add back to mxm. Blah blah blah 1200$ for 4 pumps 1000$ for lights. It's truly sad when jaebo can make an app that works better then mobius . It's sad when you can make a 100$ jaebo work better then a 400$ mp. And a simple 0-10v signal to it never disconnects or needs to time sync.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back