UC Reef2Reef Anniversary LiveSale April 11th &12th Two Days Event, 10-2 PST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Since this whole COVID-19 thing started, my tank is

• Doing better than ever, I'm getting my hands wet everyday

Votes: 146 43.2%
  • Not better nor worse, same as before

Votes: 128 37.9%
  • I've already ordered more tanks, perfect time to expand

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • It's gone downhill

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Who knows.... I just wander around the house in my PJ's

Votes: 43 12.7%

• Total voters

Jammie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you UC...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I needed more reds and orange bc its so easy to overload the color green in your tank so I def. Got what I was looking for. Wish I got my hands on that crazy colored torch for 64 bucks!

1448602-63dc6fe292b32f6c5e61c3c2cc396951.jpg MS-colorful favia 99 69.JPG MS-red Digi 49 34.JPG

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supply and demand (As you can see they fly off the shelves).

Demand is up, more people in the hobby now then ever it seems like. Indo closed for many years... making some of these pretty rare as aquaculture wasn't keeping up with demand. Indo is back open but with new regulations, only certain areas opened... so supply is better but still limited and is not meeting demand. Covid has now stopped many supply chains again.

At least thats how I understand it.

Tamberav is right, that is the gist of it.

Many variables go into the price of a coral, scarcity is a big factor, cost being another. Indeed some types are harder to get now - everything from changing Government regulations, export quotas, CITES, seasonal conditions for collection, sustainable practices, lack of abundance at collection site, flights (which most are stopped due to COVID), successfully transporting them, and keeping them alive and well over longer periods of time, just to name a few factors. Some collectors are also choosing to go farther out to sea for collection expeditions (sometimes over a week). Generally speaking, fees, COGS, overhead are all higher now.
Conversely some items may have come down in price over the years.

BadAsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see golden hammers like the colonies sold on here local for over 500

TracyLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tamberav is right, that is the gist of it.

Many variables go into the price of a coral, scarcity is a big factor, cost being another. Indeed some types are harder to get now - everything from changing Government regulations, export quotas, CITES, seasonal conditions for collection, sustainable practices, lack of abundance at collection site, flights (which most are stopped due to COVID), successfully transporting them, and keeping them alive and well over longer periods of time, just to name a few factors. Some collectors are also choosing to go farther out to sea for collection expeditions (sometimes over a week). Generally speaking, fees, COGS, overhead are all higher now.
Conversely some items may have come down in price over the years.
I figured there had to be something like what you & @Tamberav explained, makes a lot of sense. It’s funny that just a few years ago you could get one for like $15. Maybe again once all these lovely people grow theirs out & want to start fragging them.
As I mentioned not just your’s but other sales I’ve noticed quite the increase for those 2 types.
Thanks again for a great 2 days, I’m looking forward to my delivery this week.

Floribraska

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought more frags than I planned on during this sale... fingers crossed now to see how this raffle turns out! Maybe more corals will cure the "frag hangover" going on right now :D

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@joefishUC

Do you know if they are answering emails. I sent an email out (yesterday) about one coral shipment address different than the others and i want to make sure all corals are shipped to the same address

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@joefishUC

Do you know if they are answering emails. I sent an email out (yesterday) about one coral shipment address different than the others and i want to make sure all corals are shipped to the same address
Hi,
yes we are working through the emails and we will be sure to send the corals to the correct address. Thank you.

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone didnt see...

Prize Winners:

$300 LiveStock Gift Card- Roy Garcia

$150 LiveStock Gift Card- Shawn Demain

2 pack of Triton ICP tests ($98 value)- Stevie Holley

1 Triton ICP test ($49 value)- Timothy Scott

1 Killer SPS Frag Pack - 9 pieces our pick ($325 value)- Victoria Locklar

Congratulations and happy reefing!

The District Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone didnt see...

Prize Winners:

$300 LiveStock Gift Card- Roy Garcia

$150 LiveStock Gift Card- Shawn Demain

2 pack of Triton ICP tests ($98 value)- Stevie Holley

1 Triton ICP test ($49 value)- Timothy Scott

1 Killer SPS Frag Pack - 9 pieces our pick ($325 value)- Victoria Locklar

Congratulations and happy reefing!
Congrats to the winners. If you don't want one of these great prizes, I'll gladly take it off your hands. :)

Jammie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats to the winners....if you don't have enough space in your tank for more corals I can keep them safe in my tank...lol.

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say, and I note I bought corals and im happy with my purchases. When you say 80% off and almost every single listed items is no more then 40% its little aggravating. I suppose I could of missed a few 80% off items but i followed the sale both days for nearly the whole time. For feedback purposes I dont feel like i got a STEAL on anything and was slightly misled on the whole "sale" aspect of this. I get that its marketing but just wanted to say I felt a little misled.

Last edited:

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say, and I note I bought corals and im happy with my purchases. When you say 80% off and almost every single listed items is no more then 40% its little aggravating. I suppose I could of missed a few 80% off items but i followed the sale both days for nearly the whole time. For feedback purposes I dont feel like i got a STEAL on anything and was slightly misled on the whole "sale" aspect of this. I get that its marketing but just wanted to say I felt a little misled.

POST #1 Paragraph 2; PER UC

$5 corals, signature, colonies, frags, and specialty collector's items . This LS we'll be highlighting a copious selection of specialty Zoa/Palys for you.
Grab these amazing deals at up to 80% off. If you have been a part of our past LiveSales, you'll know that everyone will walk away happy....cont"

Note the "UP TO" before the 80%

There were some great deals. I somewhat get what your saying, however 80% off is well below cost. The Euphyllia I picked are were definitely 30-60% less than what you would generally see priced and equal to or 10-15% lower than competitors sales.

You weren't misled....you misread.

The District Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

$5 corals, signature, colonies, frags, and specialty collector's items . This LS we'll be highlighting a copious selection of specialty Zoa/Palys for you.
Grab these amazing deals at up to 80% off. If you have been a part of our past LiveSales, you'll know that everyone will walk away happy....cont"

There were some great deals. I somewhat get what your saying, however 80% off is well below cost. The Euphyllia I picked are were definitely 30-60% less than what you would generally see priced and equal to or 10-15% lower than competitors sales.

I personally felt like I got some great deals. I grabbed a couple of the $5 corals that had a retail price of $29, which comes out to an over 80% savings. I also grabbed a few pieces that were over 50%, including the Captain Marvel Tenuis that was listed at $249 but I bought for $99. Thanks @uniquecorals

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don’t think I misread I understand not every single coral will be 80% hence me buying several. But when I follow a live sale for 8 hours and there are supposed 80% off deals and I’m looking at prices and the math isn’t adding up on ANY that I saw which was ALOT of them. I even admitted that I probably missed some just expected some more deals with all the hype. That’s all I was saying. Don’t think I misread anything just doing feel like feeling like I got “marketed” but I did. That’s my outlook and my feedback to the event anyways have a great day.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back