OP
Z06-Hec

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i got a video of them being silly... My nearly naked do not do this, but they do swim together all the time and explore the entire tank together.
The whites stay here all the time !!
[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl9dhb9octtrznq/20140921_170652.mp4?dl=0[/video]

I also posted in the clown forum, my female white has her lips swollen, is that ok? It was swollen a few days ago and went away then today they are swollen again...

OP
OP
Z06-Hec

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so these fish babies are still alive... I see a few under my plate coral, some in really tight rock crevices...
and the original bunch in that tight space between the clam shell and the rock she is mounted to. they still are somewhat clear with dark belly/mid section and a little longer.
I would have thought them to have died by now...
How long can they last? or how long before they get some color and come out and explore?
I posted this almost 15 days ago.... and im sure they were there before i discovered them..

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check this video out. Mysid shrimp are not like other shrimp. They do not crawl. They constantly swim and look like fish when they do. They are largely clear like your guys. Not saying you're wrong about them being fish but I can't imagine clown fry living this long in the aquarium.

[video=youtube;3ZiRj7oXRPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZiRj7oXRPM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

OP
OP
Z06-Hec

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so if they were/are shrimp how long would they stay there? They are much longer now and look the same...
Also my clowns definitely do weird things which everyone describes as mating activities...
In fact as i look right now i see my female doing that shaking foolishly by the sand as the make hugs her side..

stevers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll confidently wager these are not clowns. Clownfish hit metamorphosis around day 9 at 78 degrees. You would see stripes by then. Also if you had any flow what so ever, the baby fish would be swept up. The parent clowns would eat them very quickly. I have had 100+ eggs hatch and disappear within an hour. Clownfish babies are phototrophic and drawn to light, they would not be hiding from the light. Previous posters are correct, there is no way the clowns would live in a normal reef tank.

OP
OP
Z06-Hec

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry i updated the other post... they are not fish babies... they seem to be amphipods or copepods and small shrimp.
i still see them swimming everywhere... my sun coral is staying fed regularly because they hoard around it...
still no clue where they came from though, but they are everywhere.
Im told this is a very good thing...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back