Ultra Algae X

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

evmibo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw I've taken my full light spectrum down to 3 hours total, and blues for 6 hours total.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi evmibo,

I wouldn't adjust your lighting schedule because you are not running the complete set of T5 bulbs for more than 6 hours. Bring it back to your normal schedule and you should be okay.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cincyreef,

At the moment we are working on setting up a warehouse for USA distribution and improved product availability. Once we get it running, we can direct you to your closest Fauna Marin Dealer who will receive a shipment.

evmibo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I set the lights back to normal after reading your comment on Tuesday.

I had my 4th dose last night. Dino's are about 75% gone. Everything else, corals, fish, crabs and snails are alive and well. At night, I've seen my blue legged hermits bunch up on dying patches of dino's, they seem to be munching on it. I know this usually kills snails, but the hermits seem to be fine. Perhaps my species isn't as toxic either? Who knows, but it's working...

Last edited:

Arron209

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used algaex a couple months ago to get rid of some Dino. I followed the dosing and only ran two on my t5 bulbs for three doses. After the third dose all the Dino was gone and hasn't returned.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evmbio, I am glad to hear that you are seeing positive results. :)

Arron209, that's great news!

evmibo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm scheduled to do my 9th dose tonight. I still have a couple very small patches of dinos on my sand. I'd say they're at least 95% gone.

My corals polyp extension has lessened moderately in the past 3-4 days. So I'm becoming a bit worried.

Any adivce from Fauna Marin member? Since there is still some left on the sandbed do you recommending me to continue? I just hope my corals don't start to die.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polyps retracting during the dose is part of the side effect and will not harm the coral as long as you do not go past 10 doses. You can go ahead and add the 9th dose tonight and the last dose as scheduled. Afterwards, wait two days and do a water change.

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a bottle of this today free from a giveaway. Couldn't have come at a better time. I've tried everything else I could and just can't rid the algae.

I turned my vinager dose off as well, can I turn it back in after the 2nd dose?

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rsaalman,

All supplements except Calcium, Alkalinity, and Magnesium must be stopped before your first dose.You can restrart Vinegar and supplement dosing after the second day of your final dose.

What kind of algae are you fighting?

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rsaalman,

All supplements except Calcium, Alkalinity, and Magnesium must be stopped before your first dose.You can restrart Vinegar and supplement dosing after the second day of your final dose.

What kind of algae are you fighting?

Fighting a little GHA and some RHA. Cyano pops up every once in a while and I know this won't work for that

I've tried adjusting flow, food, filtration, lighting. Nothing seems to work. Nitrates are showing 0 on tests and PO4 is showing .03 but I guess it is also low because the algae is feeding off of it.

Also just changed my RODI filters last week so I will be using new filters for the next water change.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rsaalman,

If the TDS was high coming out of the RO unit, that will contribute to the algae growth. You may have pockets of PO4 in your rocks and sand which can also fuel the algae.

If you wish to dose Dino X, please read the full instruction manual on our website.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dino X is in very limited supply at the moment because we are working to open a US based warehouse to better serve our customers. I hope to have a shipment arrive at the warehouse in 3-4 weeks.

Marty.h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Algae X on dinoflagellate it slaughtered that no problems and the tiny bit of hair algae I had was also wiped out. I also had trouble finding it in the UK but this I believe was due to a re-name of the product but managed to find 2 bottles.

Only thing I will say is if you have shrimp remove them as it wiped all mine out but it does warn about inverts.

But as for killing algae does what it says on the tin :)

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the (old ) ultra algae x sold at BRS the same as the (new)dino x sold in Germany?

Marty.h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the (old ) ultra algae x sold at BRS the same as the (new)dino x sold in Germany?

As far as I'm aware it is exactly the same and just been re-branded

Hi,

Our new product which replaces Algae X is called Dino X. It is the same product which now also removes dinoflagellates.

But going by there quote I'm not sure if they have altered it at all because the algae x killed dino as far as I was aware it's the same just a different name and bottle

evmibo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw I just finished a full treatment of Ultra Algae X. It definitely does the job. The dinos are gone. Hopefully they stay away.. My corals (all sps) aren't as happy, but I haven't lost any. I'm doing a water change tonight and starting carbon again.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back