• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Unique Corals is on a league of their own!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

DusReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’ve been a reefer for a while, you know the importance of buying your corals, fish, and gear from a reputable source.

Having purchased from Manhattan Aquariums in New York City for years, and now online with UniqueCorals.com, of the same owner and team, they have earned my trust and credibility as a purveyor of the highest quality corals (SPS, LPS, and softies) and best equipment on the market ranging from the Dalua GW, Illumagic LEDs, Dastaco Calcium Reactor, to the PaxBellum Algae reactor and so much more I want to still buy.

If you’ve never bought corals/fish online it can be a little overwhelming. Let me share a little bit about my experience buying SPS corals from UniqueCorals.com.

Searching was as easy as either scrolling on the home page under corals or selecting the type of coral you’re looking for. I always go right to the SPS colonies and SPS frags – there is always something to make me salivate.

Adding to my cart was as easy as buying anywhere else online. I do recommend you set up an account to get UC points which you can use later for great stuff.

At check out you have the option to review your cart (collapsed or expanded view), preview/view the item(s) and get confirmation it is still available. Pro-tip #1 – if you are buying when they are having a sale complete the order as fast as you can in case someone else has it in their cart. Sales are not final until you complete the process. Okay back to the fun. Now that I’ve confirmed my order I am able to very easily pick the day I wanted my coral to arrive. I prefer to get them on a Tuesday or Wednesday just in case there is a shipping delay. Pro-tip #2 – Unique Corals sends all live coral order Priority Overnight so you get it by 10:30 am the next day. If you have it sent to your office like I do, keep it closed up so the heat pack keeps your goodies nice and warm/stable. You don’t want a rush of cold air getting into the box.

If unboxing is your thing, you will have a field day taking pics/videos of your new corals/fish. They were all expertly packed with plenty of oxygen to keep them happy and healthy until you put in your tank.

My standard acclimatization process is to dip all my corals before adding to my tank, but I can tell you I’ve never (yes never) had an issue with pests (AEFW’s, red bug, slugs, etc.,) on any of the corals I’ve bought. Within a few hours in my tank, they are fully open and very happy.

I hope by now any worries you had about buying online are gone. Joe and the team are fantastic. One time I had a coral placement question and in no time I got a reply with the info I needed to keep that SPS happy.

So if you’re looking to add that next show stopper to your tank, look no further. Unique Corals will not disappoint you.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had a very good experience with them as well. Bought a Cynarina which is a fussy coral to begin with and can take a while to see if it survives. Unfortunately it did not make it. I kept them updated on the progress/health and when I reported it didn't live they gave me a credit right away. Unlike another vendor on here for the same type coral :(
I will definitely buy from them again.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back