UV sterilizer placement

Jshiloh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I have a 120G main display into a 50 gallon sump and I just put up a 60G cube right next to it to try my hand at a clown Harlem. My question is where would be the next place to position the UV? Return to the 120 or the 60? Or does it even matter since it's the same water same system ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I have a 120G main display into a 50 gallon sump and I just put up a 60G cube right next to it to try my hand at a clown Harlem. My question is where would be the next place to position the UV? Return to the 120 or the 60? Or does it even matter since it's the same water same system ?
Are you using the UV for fish disease control? Dual tanks served by one UV have difficulty in doing that. You can get good control against the TRANSFER of one disease to the other by having 100% of the flow going through the UV before entering the second tank. However, the dwell time there doesn’t protect the first tank if there is a disease organism in the second.

OP
OP
J

Jshiloh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the UV for fish disease control? Dual tanks served by one UV have difficulty in doing that. You can get good control against the TRANSFER of one disease to the other by having 100% of the flow going through the UV before entering the second tank. However, the dwell time there doesn’t protect the first tank if there is a disease organism in the second.
Not really disease but more for algae and water clarity

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 49 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back