Vacation Checklist by Joey @ TheCoralReefTalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this vacation prep video on Coral Reef Talk's channel this morning, and thought it would be nice to share:

I'd like to add that it is a good idea to have any sort of automation (like the Plank feeder) installed and dialed in at least a week or two before leaving if possible. My rule is to not make changes to my system within a week of leaving. That generally includes any significant maintenance, like water changes. Doing something the night before (or especially the morning of) always seems to invite trouble. A pump will break, water spill, etc.

Any other reef tank vacation prep wisdom?

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this vacation prep video on Coral Reef Talk's channel this morning, and thought it would be nice to share:

I'd like to add that it is a good idea to have any sort of automation (like the Plank feeder) installed and dialed in at least a week or two before leaving if possible. My rule is to not make changes to my system within a week of leaving. That generally includes any significant maintenance, like water changes. Doing something the night before (or especially the morning of) always seems to invite trouble. A pump will break, water spill, etc.

Any other reef tank vacation prep wisdom?

I always say get an ato if you don't already have one. That has made leaving my tank for a couple of days a game changer for me

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back