Valentini diet/environment questions

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently acquired a valentini from petco. He had what I think is ich, but he's recovering very quickly.
I'm currently feeding him frozen mysis and enriched brine and i'll be getting some krill as well today. He doesn't touch flake or pellets. I would like to give him the best diet possible. Any suggestions from other valentini owners?
Also, he's currently the only fish in a 30 gallon with some hermits and an emerald crab (he's completely ignored them). There is a 750gph powerhead in the tank, he seems to enjoy it. Is there anything I can get to enrich his environment? Airstone maybe?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would look into the Larry's Reef Frenzy, @ReefFrenzy

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put the half shell in the tank. The puffer will pick off the meat.

This also helps keep their teeth in check. I used to feed mine krill, mussel, mysis, squid and prawns on rotation and it even took flake. I would tie the large food items to a feeding clip so the hermits and brittlestar didn't steal it.

OP
OP
Mike N

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This also helps keep their teeth in check. I used to feed mine krill, mussel, mysis, squid and prawns on rotation and it even took flake. I would tie the large food items to a feeding clip so the hermits and brittlestar didn't steal it.
Thanks, thats helpful.

Back