Valentini Puffer

Ubans13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of adding a valentini puffer to a reef tank. Current stock is snowflake eel. Niger trigger, lavender tang, clown and wrasse. Most soft coral and lps but would like to have sps. Any thoughts?

RJ Harris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few montis a couple bird nests and an acro and my Valentini has never touched them but that doesn't mean that's the case for every puffer

OP
OP
Ubans13

Ubans13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the moment only have a few hermits. We will see what time will tell with the eel. I love puffers though.

RJ Harris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was in a 55 gallon with a snowflake eel and they were fine together had to have my wife help feed though because they both went after the krill along with my dwarf lionfish

OP
OP
Ubans13

Ubans13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that's good a goby and a lion. I would like to add a goby as well but didn't know about the eel and goby pair.

RJ Harris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah idk. Especially snowflakes. They have poor eye site. I've got a breeding pair of yellow watchmans that do great in there too. My lion is the best. He just keeps to himself accept when I go near the tank

RJ Harris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first got him yes. But now he eats frozen krill. When I got him as an 1" long baby he's eat nothing but love ghost shrimp until 4 months ago when he started eating frozen krill

DeepBrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a valentini in a 75 gallon softy and lips tank and love him because of his awesome personality. He leaves most things along but has a taste for acans. We don't even try them in that tank anymore.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had Canthigaster puffers nip at wellsos, acans, duncans, and clams, but not all do. In one case, a blue spotted would nip at every new coral just to 'test it out' but leave it alone after the first twenty minutes.

OP
OP
Ubans13

Ubans13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im thinking I might give it a try. Im not stocked to much on corals at the moment. But I do like acans and Duncan's!

govolsguy31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im thinking I might give it a try. Im not stocked to much on corals at the moment. But I do like acans and Duncan's!
Did you get a puffer? We're trying to figure out where to put one too (valentini or Toby probably). I've currently got a 90G reef tank. Talking about doing a 29G nano predator tank, but not sure he's the greatest fit there either.

I've got inverts in the reef obviously (several types of snails, hermits and a peppermint shrimp). Think there's a decent chance he'll leave them all alone? I realize it's just a wait and see game on the coral.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back