• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Very rare “Smilies” zoas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a very very rare one from my collection. It’s been dubbed “Smilies”. There is literally a smiley face on the zoa. This is a slow grower. I almost guarantee you haven’t seen any of these. I am only selling one frag, that’s it. It is on a 1” disk.

1p + baby(med) = $950/shipped
= $900/pickup

Camera - iPhone 6s(standard settings)
Lights - hydra 26 hd’s + t5(2blue+/2act)

F91B8810-9C42-4514-B4F7-D1300C6FF0E1.jpeg
B17838FA-C480-489C-B7BD-BCB843605A54.jpeg

Same lights, but “orange” clip on filter...
E8D564B4-4128-4FB6-B805-CA7494C2934D.jpeg

OP
OP
DaneGer21

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no guarantee and/or expectations that babies will also be a smile face?

This hobby is never a guarantee, minus DOA’s.

Morphs happen to your 1” “homewrecker frag. Oh wait they have a name attached. Makes sense.

Thanks for your opinion, and interest.

OP
OP
DaneGer21

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I will also throw in a morphed Miami Hurricane chalice frag, and a Tidals Gardens Orange pavona frag

OP
OP
DaneGer21

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the insults. One good thing, every one has an opinion and a choice. If you’re not interested then please keep the unnecessary comments to PM’s.

Thanks

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This hobby is never a guarantee, minus DOA’s.

Morphs happen to your 1” “homewrecker frag. Oh wait they have a name attached. Makes sense.

Thanks for your opinion, and interest.

Wasn't trying to insult. I just thought it might be useful to clarify whether you're claim is this strain will produce more smile faces or if this is just a cool one-off. You're absolutely entitled to set whatever price you want, it is a cool marking. I just think someone might feel scammed if they let it grow out and never see a smile face again off the babies.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no guarantee and/or expectations that babies will also be a smile face?

Looks like a neat formation of random spots from a regular hornet or yoda morph to me.

Nonetheless, it's neat. Glws.

Agreed, he has no colony or babies. He doesn't understand that those markings are random, and will not replicate lol.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While it is a cool deformation, you should consider posting a disclaimer for any potential buyer that they may or most likely will NOT reproduce as smiley faces, as this is a one off.

Also you should consider changing the word zoas to zoa.

Dree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like others have said, this is just a random occurrence that the zoa developed a smiley face on it. There is no promise that another will ever form, leading me to advise that the price be corrected.
BTW- 13 months for 1.5 polyps to grow? You should look into correcting something...
BTW2- That chalice doesn’t look like a morph, just looks brown lol

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this qualify as scamming, given that the colony will not look as advertised? Lol. Looks like he’s just upset that he can’t get a home wrecker?

OP
OP
DaneGer21

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont like drama and by all means i dont want to interfere, but dinner has been served. Oof.

I hate to see what’s on your plate then if you call that dinner.

Wasn't trying to insult. I just thought it might be useful to clarify whether you're claim is this strain will produce more smile faces or if this is just a cool one-off. You're absolutely entitled to set whatever price you want, it is a cool marking. I just think someone might feel scammed if they let it grow out and never see a smile face again off the babies.

So far I have 3 but thanks!

Agreed, he has no colony or babies. He doesn't understand that those markings are random, and will not replicate lol.

How do you know? Have you seen my systems? Are you a card catalog of all morphs?

While it is a cool deformation, you should consider posting a disclaimer for any potential buyer that they may or most likely will NOT reproduce as smiley faces, as this is a one off.

Also you should consider changing the word zoas to zoa.

Who said? And can you count? There are two, which is plural. “Zoas”.

Like others have said, this is just a random occurrence that the zoa developed a smiley face on it. There is no promise that another will ever form, leading me to advise that the price be corrected.
BTW- 13 months for 1.5 polyps to grow? You should look into correcting something...
BTW2- That chalice doesn’t look like a morph, just looks brown lol

Actually in almost 11yrs I haven’t changed much of anything. I have some colonies bigger than...well not your head but maybe mine.
Sorry I don’t have a high end camera but I assure you there is no brown. All blue flesh, with yellow outlined red eyes, but thanks!
BTW- is there a timeline on how they grow?
BTW2- are all systems the same?
BTW3- I would think a saltwater hobbiest should already know that...

Let me start by saying this, pay whatever you want for the 1000+ of the same looking items that everyone else has. But this I guarantee you you’ve never seen. Everyone wants to be so fast to jump on someone else it’s ridiculous. Nobody is telling you how or when to spend your money, by all means pay for what everyone else has.

So much for a great community...sheesh. How do I close an account?!? Not just a thread...

Last edited:
OP
OP
DaneGer21

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this qualify as scamming, given that the colony will not look as advertised? Lol. Looks like he’s just upset that he can’t get a home wrecker?

Scam, nobody maybe any claims as the such.
Can’t get a homewrecker? Hell at this rate you should be able to find those at every LFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back