Vivid Aquarium Signature Corals Picture Requests

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been contemplating buying some the signature Vivid aquarium signature corals, but I can not find any pictures of them online except theirs (vendor pics). I"m not interested in the vendors pictures. I want to see tank pictures so I can figure out if I want to buy them. I have seen only one frag pic on the forum of a vivid signature coral.

This is just a request for people whom have Vivid Aquarium signature corals to post your favorite one from them and provide name and why you would recommend it or not.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure you're looking for photos of larger pieces but I'll contribute what I can. Here are my vivid signature frags purchased back in September. Not much to see yet but I did see them all in person. My opinion is that the Confetti is awesome and worth the price (a fast and easy grower too). The rest, well, they're still colorless and not doing much so the jury is still out....

Vivid Godfather and Adventador center and right
IMG_20180922_201739.jpg
Vivid Blueberry Blast and Confetti.
IMG_20180922_201652.jpg

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats exactly what i"m looking for. Any size and opinion is what I"m looking for. At this point I think the only one I"m interested in is the Confetti from what I'm hearing. I did see a Four Loko in another thread that looked nice, but its all sold out. Waiting to see aquarium photos of some of the other they have posted. Frag sizes look real nice.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up -- Been to the shop and talked to them a bit. Their colors are derived by absolutely BLASTING their corals with absurd amounts of light. Some of their corals will not color up properly unless they're under a ton of PAR. not all of them respond this way, but they have a few that come to mind like Vivid Tequila Sunrise -- That one is a brilliant purple and peach-orange color. Unless it's under low par, then it's a green dog.

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tips. Yeah thats like a pc rainbow. Have to have under certain par to get the right coral. Except pc rainbow likes lower par.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My PC Rainbow loves high par -- Excuse the BA (never trust a frag plug!). The more par I give it, the more brilliant the red becomes, and the more the tips slowly start getting blue (something Adam from BC said he's only been able to achieve once)

f5476c97-5929-46cc-8cc8-09e8671d8eee-original.jpg

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have delirium, sublime, or the four loko grown out a bit? Really looking for some pics of these

Last edited:

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aside from seeing these colonies in person at Vivids facility, I wouldn't buy anything but the Confetti and Vivids Rainbow delight. All the rest of those corals don't have any pictures of colonies from actual reefer's tanks.

I'm patient enough to wait until the newest hyped corals grow out so I can make a good decision on them.

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from seeing these colonies in person at Vivids facility, I wouldn't buy anything but the Confetti and Vivids Rainbow delight. All the rest of those corals don't have any pictures of colonies from actual reefer's tanks.

I'm patient enough to wait until the newest hyped corals grow out so I can make a good decision on them.

Thanks. I have took advice so far and only picked up the Confetti. Will post some picks a little later today. Cant wait to see what is looks like once it gets going. Will also wait to see some additional pics of the other cool colonies they have to see if I want them as well. Lets keep em coming.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

And you never will, until people start blasting these corals with inhumane levels of par. Otherwise they do not color.

I'm telling you guys, I've been there, they run twice as many radions as I've ever seen on a tank. All at 100% intensity. It is absolutely how they get their corals to color up the way they do.

If you want their results, you must emulate.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another example of high end vendors selling corals that won't make most of the customers happy in the end. I wish coral collectors wouldn't be so hush hush about how they are doing things and getting certain results. The hobby is going in a weird direction thats all I see.
The confetti looks like a red/ purple and green acros with a common growth pattern to me anyways, I don't see why it would be priced high except for how it looks under led. I would like to see it look like their pics under anything but blue leds.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another example of high end vendors selling corals that won't make most of the customers happy in the end.

I disagree.

If you buy a Ferrari, never do an oil change, fill it with cheap gas, and it starts breaking down is it really the Ferraris fault?

You can't just do whatever you want with modern corals and expect success. 15 years ago tenuis were trash corals, it took LEDs to make them color up. You know how many of these modern corals only look good under blue LED? A ton of them. They are the same corals nobody wanted way back when 10k mh was the only lighting option. because under anything but pure blue light they're just green dogs.

People act like we're discovering new corals. We really aren't. We're just seeing them literally u der a new light.

Always remember, none of these corals looked good before LED, so don't blame the Ferrari if you're not going to treat it correctly.

Last edited:

blebs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got my confetti all glued in now. Lets see how it does.
DSC_4668_1.jpg

Awesome! I very recently purchased also purchased a confetti from vivid on 12/27, still waiting for shipping. When did you purchase and when did they ship for you?

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And you never will, until people start blasting these corals with inhumane levels of par. Otherwise they do not color.

I'm telling you guys, I've been there, they run twice as many radions as I've ever seen on a tank. All at 100% intensity. It is absolutely how they get their corals to color up the way they do.

If you want their results, you must emulate.

How Vivids lights their tenuis has nothing to do with it. Some just are common pieces that are over saturated with blue lighting or photo shopped. The keepers are the acros that don't need to fake it. Until the corals grow out and you can really see what colors the acro actually can produce is when it's best to throw down the cash.

Another example of high end vendors selling corals that won't make most of the customers happy in the end. I wish coral collectors wouldn't be so hush hush about how they are doing things and getting certain results. The hobby is going in a weird direction thats all I see.
The confetti looks like a red/ purple and green acros with a common growth pattern to me anyways, I don't see why it would be priced high except for how it looks under led. I would like to see it look like their pics under anything but blue leds.

The confetti is intense bright pink which isn't seen in many acros and the accented purple/blue/green make it unique. If it looked red to you then it was under too much blue light making it look that way to your eyes.

I have 14k T5s and no LED....that's what I see in person and why I bought a frag. There are also many pictures under various light sources that make it a winner in my book.

I disagree.

If you buy a Ferrari, never do an oil change, fill it with cheap gas, and it starts breaking down is it really the Ferraris fault?

You can't just do whatever you want with modern corals and expect success. 15 years ago tenuis were trash corals, it took LEDs to make them color up. You know how many of these modern corals only look good under blue LED? A ton of them. They are the same corals nobody wanted way back when 10k mh was the only lighting option. because under anything but pure blue light they're just green dogs.

People act like we're discovering new corals. We really aren't. We're just seeing them literally u der a new light.

Always remember, none of these corals looked good before LED, so don't blame the Ferrari if you're not going to treat it correctly.

Although I agree that just under 10k MH a lot of acros will look just green/brown to our eyes. Once 20k bulbs and other spectrum variations in lighting came about the pigments in many acros weren't being exited to produce much in color.

I diagree with the LED part.........I've been tracking these tenuis for quite some time. Multi colored tenuis just weren't available till maybe 3-4 years ago. LEDs have nothing to do with coloring just green/blue tenuis differently. If an acro doesn't have a particular colored pigment in it the lighting isn't going to make it magically appear.

These tenuis look good under any lighting--

Sexy Coral Orange Passion
Homewrecker
WWC Pink Panther Tenuis
Cherry Bomb Tenuis

There are many more that have similar color mixes but just different names by vendors. If someone wants a nice tenuis garden all they have to look for is different color combos.

Regardless of names there are tenuis morphs/variations all over the place--
--All pink
--Pink and blue
--Pink, blue and green
-- Pink and green
--Pink, purple & green

The only ones that Vivid have I'm in wait and see mode is the mostly orange or yellow pieces which I'll wait for them to actually prove themselves over time. These are the most likely to be disappointing and just hyped/photoshopped.

Last edited:

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Perfect example of what I'm talking about--

Rich Jackson's Rainbow tenuis-

An Aussie tenuis which wasn't around 15 years ago. Colors didn't show for 6 months till it grew out. Grown out under 400w Radium MH and T5. Pic from Rich--

46503078922_859298056f_c.jpg

Vendors pic under T5 and blue LED........... probably some over saturation (photoshop). If you have a Windex looking LED tank it would probably look more like this.

All the extra blue lighting is doing is making it look visually different.......it's the same coral.

It's a nice rainbow tenuis.............how much supplemental lighting you prefer to put on it is your choice.

45641533495_30b4e022ec_c.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back