Wave maker not flowing good

odin8491

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Current USA e-flux wave pump. I am about 7 months into my reef setup( I have many years with freshwater setups). My wave pump still flows but I have to run it at 100% to get what was normally 30-40% flow out of it. It have been cleaned and it is hook up to the loop system along with my lights. No issues with light though. Any thoughts on why the flow has decreased so bad?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Current USA e-flux wave pump. I am about 7 months into my reef setup( I have many years with freshwater setups). My wave pump still flows but I have to run it at 100% to get what was normally 30-40% flow out of it. It have been cleaned and it is hook up to the loop system along with my lights. No issues with light though. Any thoughts on why the flow has decreased so bad?
Try cleaning and check impeller. Make sure you don't have stuff wrapped around it but eflux pumps are just garbage. Had all of mine fail.

All 3 failed sent replacement and all of those failed.
You may be at the same point

OP
OP
O

odin8491

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try cleaning and check impeller. Make sure you don't have stuff wrapped around it but eflux pumps are just garbage. Had all of mine fail.

All 3 failed sent replacement and all of those failed.
You may be at the same point
I took it out and cleaned it very well. I am waiting to hear back for a possible replacement but I think it has just lives its short life. I did go a get a different wave pump from my LFS to take the place of the eFlux. But thanks for the info about your experience with those wave pumps. I will definitely be looking for other options.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back