WaveEngine 2 + Varios4S return pump

cowfootball

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up four direct drive pumps on my WE2: two XF330's, one Varios 2 for my skimmer and one Varios 4S for my return.

The XF330's are straight forward: add a new output of type flow pump, select XF330, voila.

But the return pump is stumping me. If I add it as a "flow pump" then I can select the Varios4S. But I can't turn select a mode to turn it off in and I can't attach it to a leak sensor. If I add it as type return pump then I can't select Varios 4S or any of the direct drive outputs, only the 0-10V outputs. Weirdly, it looks like you can configure the output device to be a different output as well as 0-10V. If I add the return pump as type flow pump and then add a second device as type return pump, I can select the flow pump as the output.

Is that how you should do it? The documentation doesn't seem to cover what I imagine to be a fairly common scenario.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up four direct drive pumps on my WE2: two XF330's, one Varios 2 for my skimmer and one Varios 4S for my return.

The XF330's are straight forward: add a new output of type flow pump, select XF330, voila.

But the return pump is stumping me. If I add it as a "flow pump" then I can select the Varios4S. But I can't turn select a mode to turn it off in and I can't attach it to a leak sensor. If I add it as type return pump then I can't select Varios 4S or any of the direct drive outputs, only the 0-10V outputs. Weirdly, it looks like you can configure the output device to be a different output as well as 0-10V. If I add the return pump as type flow pump and then add a second device as type return pump, I can select the flow pump as the output.

Is that how you should do it? The documentation doesn't seem to cover what I imagine to be a fairly common scenario.
Use flow pump and setup a schedule. You can use the depends on in the schedule to stop the schedule with another output. If you use a generic output type you can set it for up to nine inputs so if you set it to 1 you can use a leak detector for the input.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back