Weekend Reef Keeper!?!?!? Looking for suggestions.

reeflection

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently work 2 hrs away from home ( I know, how silly lol) I've been in the hobby for some time now, and in the past, have walked away from the hobby due to time restraints, kids, family, work etc etc. The hobby I love so much can be time demanding, with that being said, the only time I have currently during the week, with the system is early a.m. about 7nsh for 30 mins and at night starting around 9nsh. I would like suggestions on early a.m. dosing/feeding for coral and late night dosing/feeding for coral without automation, I'm old school. Any drawbacks to the timing of dosing/feeding? Skimming is going on during lights off cycle. Ask any questions if i've missed some details. I don't wanna give up on the hobby again due to time restraints but i'm addicted to reefing and need to make this work for the coral, fish and of course myself! Thanks!

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd do PM coral feeding after lights off personally, that's when your gang is gonna extend their feeder tentacles anyway. Can't speak much to when is best to dose, I supposed it also depends on what you're dosing. If you're dosing daily, it should be small enough amounts that timing shouldn't matter much.

Welcome back, by the way!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
reeflection

reeflection

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd do PM coral feeding after lights off personally, that's when your gang is gonna extend their feeder tentacles anyway. Can't speak much to when is best to dose, I supposed it also depends on what you're dosing. If you're dosing daily, it should be small enough amounts that timing shouldn't matter much.

Welcome back, by the way!
Thanks man, appreciate your input, feeding at night would be fine, and I guess skimming can go on later in the night, just didn't want to remove coral food from skimming but I guess coming on later would be fine, dosing would consist of 2 part alk/cal along with magnesium, pns probio, and pns yello sno.

Upvote 0

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 133 74.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back