What’s a fish or invert that has / had a surprisingly long lifespan for you?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a clown and yellow tail make it over 25 years. I think the youngest fish in my tank is about 10 years old. 2 starfish 1 for 8 years and the other for 20+. A scarlet crab that's 18 to 20. Hes a monster. I haven't bought any since 2006.
What kinds of starfish are they? Have you done anything in particular to care for them?

darrick001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kinds of starfish are they? Have you done anything in particular to care for them?
1 orange and 1 tiger serpent stars. Nothing special I just feed them raw shrimp 2-3 x a week. My system is 710 gallon 500 gal display 210 refugium. I do not use any form of filtration so they eat a lot of plankton and pod when the die.

darrick001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big’s your tank and what fish do you have currently?

Was the Clown wild caught?
I only have a few fish right now becase I'm downsizing from 710 to a 114 gallon system. I just moved the yellow tang, Randell goby, a pair of black ocellaires clowns, the 2 starfish, and the cuc into the 114 at their new location. Unfortunately medical issues have made it impossible to care for the larger system. The 114 is a miniature version of the previous setup. My 710 still has the excess coral that won't fit in the 114. It also has about 3-400 lbs of live rock. As soon as the coral and live rock are sold it will be shut down. I have had a yellow tang, Reagle tang, Leopard wrass , splendid dottyback, green chromes, 2 yellow tail damsels, 2 pair of clowns, Randell goby, all live past 10 years. A pair of green Mandarin may have made it 10 but I can't remember exactly.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 116 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back