What’s on my coral?

Sha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what these white spots are on my bubble tip? I just noticed them all at once. Thought maybe they were sand flecks but they are definitely stuck on there and flat following the anemone surface

IMG_8268.jpeg

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh awesome!! Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t anything bad. Yes I did know it’s an anemone
Thanks
Usually, these specs show up because of higher lighting. If you don't like them, you can try to lower the light it receives, but I think it looks cool and there's no guarantee they will go away.

If you want, look up "acid rain bubble tip anemone", and see what they look like.

I just wasn't sure if you knew because you asked what was on your coral.

Also, I just wanted to say that you have a gorgeous BTA!

OP
OP
Sha

Sha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually, these specs show up because of higher lighting. If you don't like them, you can try to lower the light it receives, but I think it looks cool and there's no guarantee they will go away.

If you want, look up "acid rain bubble tip anemone", and see what they look like.

Oh yes I guess the title should have been worded differently. it does look like the spots on an acid tip anemone. When I first got it there wasn’t any spots. But also I need new lighting so that very well could be it too. Thanks for the help

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back