What are these tentacles coming from my live rock?

johnf3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added some ocean aquacultured live rock to my tanks that came with all sorts of cool sponges tunicates etc. Added a really nice piece to my macro tank. I’ve noticed a few bristle worms crawling around when the lights go out which I don’t mind. I was checking for other critters last night and noticed these strange tentacles coming from the rock in varying lengths/widths making a jerky motion. They were extended a good 4-6 inches out of the rock before I shined the light then they suddenly all jerked back towards the rock. I took a vid, link below. Any idea what this could be? Seems to all be branching from one critter but not sure? Please lmk if you have any ideas! I’m excited about whatever it is.

Thanks

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yep. I have only dealt with the tiny hydroids on glass before so this is a new one for me. The tank is just macros so they should be fine right? I can possibly try starving the tank since it is only macros and snails
I had them in my tank, never really caused an issue. overfeeding will definitely bloom their population. If you just have a couple I wouldn't be too worried

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back