What are your experiences with ClearView Lids?

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard they’re a very reputable company so I’d love to hear about experiences with their lids. I’m personally investing for the long term so going to go with their polycarbonate one (Pisces EXO). They ship to Asia so I’m pretty keen on them. If you own or have owned a ClearView lid, what do you like and dislike about them? Would you recommend it?

When you took measurements on the length and width (depth) of your tank, how accurate did they have to be?

reptireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine a couple weeks ago, amazing quality. Took a little over two months which I wasn't stoked about but it was a custom dimension. Fits perfect, very sturdy, and no sag or gaps. I sent them the exact measurements to a tee and they allow just enough room for it to sit in the rim.

reptireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have the one slot in the front for feeding that has a removable cover, I grab it in the middle on the front and back when I feed corals. Just have to pull it up and out as it sits pretty flush in the tank

unnamed.png

Smprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one also, I second what reptireef says. It is a great lid, albeit a pricey one, but I have no regrets. The one thing that sucked was the lead time. I understand last year was rough but, I placed my order in May and when I finally followed up in September it still had not been produced. So make sure you have a clear understanding what the lead time is so that you are not disappointed and can plan accordingly. here is mine. Don't forget to add cord slots.

lid.png

OP
OP
Zionas

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you elaborate a bit on the cord slots? DIY isn’t my strength at all.

I’d love to get a lid from them it’s just that the wait time does make me a bit concerned, maybe I have to forego wrasses, Hawkfish etc. until it arrives.

Trx#250r1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered one in June. I think it should be done in September. I find the wait times excessive but good things come to those that wait I guess...

Smprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you start to design your lid, they guide you through all the possible options, cord slots are slots cut into the edge so that the pump cord can get through the lid. however if you have those fancy pumps that have the cords on the outside then it doesn't matter. I was just throwing that out there so you don't forget.

And as far as waiting...well thats exaclty what I did. I waited over 6 months before any new additions due to this wait time. However, the reason I got the lid in the first place was because I was done losing fish that jumped out.

OP
OP
Zionas

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which fish did you lose before getting the lid and which fish have you lost afterwards?

I’m very new to all of this design stuff, so I’ll be taking photos of my setup and drawing simply diagrams (to the best of my ability). Not sure if that’ll be enough for them to figure some stuff out.

Smprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I can't remember all the fish I lost, the latest was a female blue throat trigger.

You will be fine. Don't worry. They will make sure its all good. I trust them. They go over everything and double check, they are very good at that. Did I mention the lead time sucks :). ok just kidding we have established that. Just take the best measure meants you can. Take into account anything that is mounted on the tank sides such as lights, over hang filters etc.

rockinzebra457

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered one of the ez builds for the Red Sea reefers. I picked the Pisces exo and waited about 2 months for it. This was actually a little quicker then the estimated lead time plus shipping so I was happy.
The quality is awesome with no sag and I love the front feeding area. The only thing I wish it had was some type of handle to grab the door cover off from the opening.
Disclaimer I would only order cord slots that you need or plan on having a cord go through them. The other night I spooked my eightline flasher wrasse and he was able to somehow get through that tiny slot. I’m glad I was their to hurry and scoop him back into the tank.

japgapkidd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Process was great during production. Great communication, only 5 week lead time BUT…. I had issues with length being 1/8th inch too long so it was resting on rim of tank and they went MIA. Ignored multiple emails. Once they got the money - transaction was done for them the minute it shipped. Zero acknowledgment of my issues/concerns. I just took it to a local plastic shop to have it sanded down to fit. Extra $125 down the drain….

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just ordered my second lid from them.....very high quality. The first one lasted through 4 or 5 rescreens (couple of years). The ordering process does take a while but that is the case with most of the higher quality lid manufacturers.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Process was great during production. Great communication, only 5 week lead time BUT…. I had issues with length being 1/8th inch too long so it was resting on rim of tank and they went MIA. Ignored multiple emails. Once they got the money - transaction was done for them the minute it shipped. Zero acknowledgment of my issues/concerns. I just took it to a local plastic shop to have it sanded down to fit. Extra $125 down the drain….
I ordered a lid from them several years ago. There were issues with it and I contacted them and while it did take a couple months to resolve the issues, they did step up and fix the problem.
During the entire process there were a few times that they weren't able to get back to me right away.
It was explained to me that they didn't have a phone/email answering person.
It was a 1 man operation and he was busy making tops, filling orders.
Sometimes these companies operate on their schedule, not ours.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back