What clownfish is this?

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the order list its listed as RED Percula. I noticed it has the orange eyes like true percs and also 10 dorsal spines like true percs. The other occys in the shop had the normal more black eyes and the 11 spines. When this fish isn’t stressed out like in the pics, its dark red like a maroon clown. What actually is this guy? Recently a few of the lfs here have been bringing in these ‘red perculas’.

2B695E7D-1C92-4A68-B6E1-1D3A4ADC85FA.jpeg C82153AA-B8E1-49DE-A855-73B776B0E300.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks pretty red to me, maybe a misbar hybrid or one of the 'blood red's' which is maroon/percula hybrid. Nice fish, love the color.
When i was walking by the tank i saw a ball of these ‘red perculas’ and noticed how red they were even for me even as a person with protan blindness lol. Haha and I actually picked up a occy misbar too. Wild caught misbar but its not the line in the middle. The misbar is the line on the head. It was the only one with a broken bar out of 50+ others. Both of them were 4 dollars each. Had to get them.

Back