What Damsel did they give me?

Thumbster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After doing some reading on here I stopped by the LFS today to get a Springers Damsel and a wrasse to help with my flatworms and this is what they had.
I’m not sure this fits the description of the Springers Damsels that I have seen on here but they assured me that the Springers had the black spot near the tail.
Anyway, just wondering if this is a Springers Damsel, or if not, does anyone know what type of damsel this is and if it’s peaceful?
It’s in a 10 gallon QT tank right now.
This isn’t my actual fish but a similar pic I found on the internet.

IMG_3999.jpeg

Mechano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After doing some reading on here I stopped by the LFS today to get a Springers Damsel and a wrasse to help with my flatworms and this is what they had.
I’m not sure this fits the description of the Springers Damsels that I have seen on here but they assured me that the Springers had the black spot near the tail.
Anyway, just wondering if this is a Springers Damsel, or if not, does anyone know what type of damsel this is and if it’s peaceful?
It’s in a 10 gallon QT tank right now.
This isn’t my actual fish but a similar pic I found on the internet.

IMG_3999.jpeg
That is definitely not a springeri damsel.
Not sure on the exact species though.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is definitely a Blue Devil Damsel (Chrysiptera cyanea) and not a Springer (Chrysiptera springeri). They are said to be one of the most aggressive damsels too but I personally love mine and she doesn’t bother anyone such pretty and cute fish!:)

OP
OP
Thumbster

Thumbster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that confirms my fears. Pretty sure I don’t want anything in my tank with “Devil” in the name.
Not the end of the world I guess since it’s still in the QT tank and should be reasonable easy to catch.
Thanks!!

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was sold a yellow chromis and told it was peaceful and it turned out to be lemon damsel and relentlessly attacked a new tang almost twice it’s size

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 134 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back