What High Price Tag Coral Has Been Worth It Or Not Worth For You To Purchase?

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought it would be neat to weed out the corals not worth the price tag or start saving for the corals worth the extra $ and would like to hear your experience with your purchases

For me the TSA Fruity Splice Acro has been an amazing frag with the colors. very happy with the purchase and I highly recommend
TSA-Fruity-Splice-colony-1.png

(Reef Builders Photo of Fruity Splice Colony)

The one coral I regret buying for $400 is the Tiger Torch (The great colors go away and never grows enough to frag. I don't recommend getting the tiger torch)

RocketEngineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never been one to believe in the named coral hype. While there are some corals that can be traced back to some awesome source years ago, for the most part the naming is all marketing BS. Instead, I look for coral species that fit my tank style. My last major success was with LPS, especially Acan Lords (the scientific name has since changed). But there’s no way I’m paying for a fancy name. JMO

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jellybean Chalice coral. It has doubled in size in the last six months, has nice color, and is starting to show it's streaks. A plus is that it's not taking up space on my scape because it's mounted on a magnetic frag rock on the back glass.
IMG_20240113_150625.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%

Back