What is a good RO system

Eric peterson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys i am starting my first saltwater tank a 30g nano and i was wondering what would a good RO system be and i would like the price to be on the cheaper side i find it too dificult to drive an hour and a half to the nearest LFS. any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks..

SABOB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check Sponsors.....I've had one from Buckeye Hydro for years,no problems.Russ is great to work with

Reef_a_holiks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your on a budget, check out purewaterclub.com . I have the 6 stage unit. Owned it for 2 years now with no problems, 0 TDS everytime.

TaylorPilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for spectrapure. Honestly, RO systems work best when you tune them to meet your specific water. IE, chlorine vs. chloramine. Hard water or high TDS water usually requires a higher rejection rate of waste water to keep the membrane from fouling I'm not an expert on the subject, but they have ALLOT of information to help your system run as efficient as possible. It would be worth your time to talk to them and find out what you actually need to effeciently get perfect water. TDS is only one measure, although it is the one most people reference, because it is easy to monitor.

skiwez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for spectrapure. Honestly, RO systems work best when you tune them to meet your specific water. IE, chlorine vs. chloramine. Hard water or high TDS water usually requires a higher rejection rate of waste water to keep the membrane from fouling I'm not an expert on the subject, but they have ALLOT of information to help your system run as efficient as possible. It would be worth your time to talk to them and find out what you actually need to effeciently get perfect water. TDS is only one measure, although it is the one most people reference, because it is easy to monitor.
+1 on spectrapure. They really stepped up to help me when things went wrong, even though I was using a competitor's product. Give them a call tell them what you're looking for they and will sell you the product you need.

steelheader.262

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CAM01473.jpg

SpectraPure for me as well

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the RO buddy by Aquatic life with the additional DI attachment. It is probably not as good as those above but it is portable and it gets me 0 tds with the DI attachment. My source water is only 59 TDS though so I am not sure how it would do on higher levels. Its readily available online.

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything by spectrapure. Not only is the product amazing, but the service after the sale is unlike anything I've experienced. OLD school customer service. They've made me a customer for life for all the things they've gone out of their way to do for me and my tank.

abecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for the BRS units. I like that they come with a Lifetime warranty. I had an issue after a year with the ball valves leaking and they sent me new ones (and higher quality ones).

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

thehammer1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 spectra pure. The customer service is great and has answered many questions for me. And it wasn't because something was messed up they just help me get on the right track without overselling me. Now I have there 5 stage ro/di system with .5 micron pre filters in 99% membrane. I run silica buster and Max cap di resin and I absolutely love this system. I personally would never shop anywhere else.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back