What types of fish can be caught local?

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I could catch a Swiss guard or Royal Gramma I would lose it. I think ive seen Royal Gramma once out at Sebastian Inlet. Unfortunately I don't live anywhere near there anymore "Well technically two hours away now, but not worth the trip imo".

I've also seen Cardinals out there.

I'm going to try a place out near Clearwater and then Fort Desoto Park, down by St Petersburg. I've read Fort Desoto has alot of diverse life.

Down in Miami the royal gramma is not seen, I've heard of sightings in the keys and the Bahamas are full of them. I doubt you saw one north of here. Swissguard and candy basslets I've read have been spotted on reefs south of key west, however, deep reefs.

That west coast water is so murky it's scary!. I would try collecting on the east coast. Broward county has reefs 100yds from shore that can be beach dived. You need a dive flag. There are lots of different marine tropicals in these areas. Buckets and air stones to get your catch back home.

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Down in Miami the royal gramma is not seen, I've heard of sightings in the keys and the Bahamas are full of them. I doubt you saw one north of here. Swissguard and candy basslets I've read have been spotted on reefs south of key west, however, deep reefs.

That west coast water is so murky it's scary!. I would try collecting on the east coast. Broward county has reefs 100yds from shore that can be beach dived. You need a dive flag. There are lots of different marine tropicals in these areas. Buckets and air stones to get your catch back home.

Thanks! Now that I think about it you're right about the west coast water being murky. I see so many more things over in Sebastian.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 60 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.5%
Back