What would you buy for your reef with 1k?

Phil Cusimano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am just sitting here enjoying a nice friday afternoon off, after sitting through a couple hours of meetings... And I was thinking what would I buy with a $1,000.00 "reef tank giftcard." Could be a high end acro pack, a new radion gen 3, maybe even a rare fish that just popped up on live aquaria. Point is it could be anything pertaining to your reef tank. Just at or around one stack.

I'll start,

MP40wqd 350.00x2 700.00
bubble magus dosing pump. 270.00

with taxes and stuff should be right around 1 grand and I think it would improve my tank. plus it would be fun to get some cool new gadgets to play with.

(this is just meant to be a game, for fun.)
So I am just sitting here enjoying a nice friday afternoon off, after sitting through a couple hours of meetings... And I was thinking what would I buy with a $1,000.00 "reef tank giftcard." Could be a high end acro pack, a new radion gen 3, maybe even a rare fish that just popped up on live aquaria. Point is it could be anything pertaining to your reef tank. Just at or around one stack.

I'll start,

MP40wqd 350.00x2 700.00

with taxes and stuff should be right around 1 grand and I think it would improve my tank. plus it would be fun to get some cool new gadgets to play with.

Vertex RX-Z 3.0L Zeovit package, 500
New Trigger system sump 39"

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL doser 4, Battle Pack, and some fish. That should be close to a grand. Maybe skip the fish and load up on Aquaforest products.

Phil Cusimano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'll start,

MP40wqd 350.00x2 700.00

just curious as to what size tank your putting lights over...looking into radions to go over a 40 gal greeder...but didn't know which would be better 2x15's or 1 gen4 pro...:)
1 Gen4 Pro will cover you

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With 3 tanks to tend I'd love to have an apex and 2 dos pumps for each but for 4200 bucks that probably isn't in the cards.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.9%
Back