When Have You Reached the Pinnacle of Reefing?

Snowxcross

View Badges
Reaction score
Just a thought…
We all have dreams and goals of our reefing journey, but what does it look like when you reach the top? Is there such a situation?
Sure! Obviously everyone will have a different opinion on this question, so i'll answer from my point of view. Simply put, when stability is so on point, aside from a test here and there, you are not concerned with your parameters. This means, you can get away for a few weeks and not be thinking of your tank, at this stage you may be the only other reefer that local reefers call to keep their corals in your tank as they fix issues with their tank.

Lastly, if you are just super impressed with how your tank looks and are in awe when near it or looking at pictures, then ya, you're good!

Warning though - Ideas will arise, and this could lead to bigger or additional tanks!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
I was on top of that hill and slide off. It is only after you leave the top that you realize that you were there.

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Mine sorta was when one of my reefing mentors started asking me for advice. I had that “Who am I to tell you what to do” mentality about it. But after a while, I realized that even the most experienced people don’t excel in everything all the time. We all need help at some point. Now I am humbled by my tanks enough to know that I won’t excel at everything either.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 166 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back