Where is a good spot to place this

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some context, I'm starting to stock my 6 month old 120 gallon with coral, and yesterday I picked up a nemenzophyllia (aka fox coral) and I placed it on my lower rockwork, now I've also picked up a WaveMaker that day as my tank has been struggling with flow issues, the problem is the spot I've chosen to place this coral gets not alot, but a decent amount of flow, I just realized that nemenzophyllia hate flow, as when j turned on the WaveMaker he instantly closed up, now I'm not letting the 400 dollar ReefWave go to waste so I need to replace the coral, there are two spots I have in mind, both at the lower rockwork and get low light, my only concern is it's proximity to the leather coral, as I don't want the leather shed to irritate it. Here are the two spots i have in mind

20230818_190328.jpg
20230818_190337.jpg

And here's the coral and full tank
20230818_190323.jpg
20230818_190316.jpg

(I'm aware the tank dosent look too established, that's cause it isn't, been dealing with a cyanno issue and it covered the whole rock, I added pods and they took care of that issue and now algae is starting to grow, the coral is also a bit closed up in the photo because I just turned off the flow)

Thank you and tell me what you think, if you see any other spots I can place it let me know.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back